Maximum price for Free Shore Excursion Amenity?

EEB_Ott

Hello, we've recently booked a Mediterranean cruise on Rivera Oct. 3 to Oct. 13, 2022 and, for the first time, chose 6 Free Excursions as our OLife amenity. I appreciated the recent discussion advising that we should book or cancel shore excursions directly with Oceania.

The Q&As on the Oceania website says we can select any standard shore excursion not designated as OS, OE or Culinary Discovery.  I've seen this topic discussed in the past and remember posts saying that the chosen tours cannot exceed US $200 in cost. (Sorry, I don't know how to search for previous posts.)

We've usually arrange our own shore excursions, aren't interested in basic bus tours and wonder if there actually is a maximum price for the free/included tours.  We might consider buying more tours if the upgrade to YWYW proved to be a good value and if local regulations (e.g. Italy) are requiring passengers to take ship sponsored tours next fall.  Thanks very much for your help.

there is no maximum  but in the past most of the O Life excursions were under the $200 amount  if you are re routed to the Canadian pricing  just pick the excursion that you are interested in as the O life choice  

If you prefer some of the other ones  prices varies by sailing so you can work out which is  a better deal for you

JMO

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

On our cruise in October, the $200 limit didn't seem to apply. One of our excursion was priced a little over $200 and it was acceptable.

Generally, it’s under $200. The important thing is no “letters” after the name. (OE, OS, etc)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EEB_Ott said:

Hello, we've recently booked a Mediterranean cruise on Rivera Oct. 3 to Oct. 13, 2022 and, for the first time, chose 6 Free Excursions as our OLife amenity. I appreciated the recent discussion advising that we should book or cancel shore excursions directly with Oceania.

The Q&As on the Oceania website says we can select any standard shore excursion not designated as OS, OE or Culinary Discovery.  I've seen this topic discussed in the past and remember posts saying that the chosen tours cannot exceed US $200 in cost. (Sorry, I don't know how to search for previous posts.)

We've usually arrange our own shore excursions, aren't interested in basic bus tours and wonder if there actually is a maximum price for the free/included tours.  We might consider buying more tours if the upgrade to YWYW proved to be a good value and if local regulations (e.g. Italy) are requiring passengers to take ship sponsored tours next fall.  Thanks very much for your help.

Yes, there are a zillion threads on this.

In any case: we do long cruises and often mix ship tours and private.

You’ve identified the best O Life strategy. Take the tours option and book desirable at/near $199 allowable ones. They count toward the required minimum total tours for the 25% YWYW discount on added paid ones. The minimum YWYW number depends on itinerary and that number is on page one of the tours pdf you can request from O. 
The O website “cart” is intuitive. When you pick tours, the cart assigns $0 to the most expensive of the allowable O Life tours until you run out of your provided number. For the paid ones you add to the cart, their retail price will show.  But, if you check the YWYW box at the top, the total at the bottom will adjust for the 25% discount.

However, the website can be a little screwy. So do the math yourself as well to make sure that the bottom line price comparison works out. Worse case scenario? Call O and they’ll do the reservations (you do’t have to go through your TA).

I really suggest that you learn how to use the

search feature here, There’s much more to learn about O Life tours (and the booze option as well) policies and procedures discussed in the MANY threads I and other O regulars have authored. So, it’ll be worth the effort. 

• Like 1