Guest-to-guest chat feature

Beebosmom

We never figured it out last week. Plus I think you have to have the reservations linked which we never had success doing for our entire group of 6 cabins.  That said, the wifi was definitely the best we've ever had on a ship before -- maybe because we were only half full? We were on the Liberty. 

7 minutes ago, loveslattes said:

That said, the wifi was definitely the best we've ever had on a ship before -- maybe because we were only half full?

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

If you don't sail much on O3B equipped ships, the performance can seem quite good by comparison.

Worked great on Allure OTS several weeks back.  Our party had 2 Android users and 2 iOS users.  The Android users worked like a charm right out of the box.  One of the iOS users went to technical guest services and she got it working in like 3 minutes.  (User error?) 

Coverage was good throughout the ship.  We were all of the 'technical' ilk and I would admit that they need to do better "How to set this stuff up" documentation.  

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Did the feature provide notifications?

Yes...but/and...  The notifications were a bit odd...

It did put an orange dot on the app.  If you had the app UP but the window had gone to sleep, it then made a noise (Customizable - I used a dog bark).  Did NOT vibrate.  To that end, it was a bit of a PITA because if you are in a noisy area and can't hear the sound, you hve to haul the phone out a lot...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

If you don't sail much on O3B equipped ships, the performance can seem quite good by comparison.

Haha thanks. I think I must have two logins but it has been a while since I've been on as we were already doing more travel with our camper than cruising before Covid started (although I was on a ship they day they were all called home!).  I need to find my other login but that said, I've never been too much of a poster/commenter. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Seems they still have not figured out how to do that properly - there are vibration (and audio) notifications for events in the planner, like MTD reservations coming up.

agreed...I had the 'opportunity' to give them feedback.  Overall the cruise was great...from a UX/UI perspective, I indicated that 3rd party independent testing would be their friend for better User Experience on the app.  

2 hours ago, loveslattes said:

Haha thanks. I think I must have two logins but it has been a while since I've been on as we were already doing more travel with our camper than cruising before Covid started (although I was on a ship they day they were all called home!).  I need to find my other login but that said, I've never been too much of a poster/commenter. 

I found myself. Either way I seem to have a thing for lattes. 😇  @Biker19

• Haha 1

Never could get this part of the app to give any kind of notification that you had received a message.  The only way to know was if you happened to be looking at the app and saw the dot in the upper right corner.  This was despite many trips to tech support and a lot of effort on their part.  Was a simple connect on 2 iphones on the same reservation.  Just no notifications either sounds or vibrates.

App is a nice work in progress but still has a few kinks.