Upgrades after final payment

mvh

4 hours ago, Diann24 said:

I know that this post was a while ago, but I saw that you mentioned that no upgrades if you booked the airfare promo.  Do you know if this is still the rule?

I am booked on the Star April 15th and have the air promo.   Originally booked an IA inside for $1,379 pp.  On Saturday I upgraded to a MB (club balcony with perks) guarantee for $1,599 pp and was assigned an MA club balcony Monday.   Price for booking the MA outright was $3,139 pp.  Currently there are no club balconies available on the sailing.

I'm Sapphire and only need 30 points to Diamond.  By upgrading I lost the triple points on this cruise but there isn't much difference in perks so decided the larger stateroom would be very nice for 15 night cruise.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

I am booked on the Star April 15th and have the air promo.   Originally booked an IA inside for $1,379 pp.  On Saturday I upgraded to a MB (club balcony with perks) guarantee for $1,599 pp and was assigned an MA club balcony Monday.   Price for booking the MA outright was $3,139 pp.  Currently there are no club balconies available on the sailing.

I'm Sapphire and only need 30 points to Diamond.  By upgrading I lost the triple points on this cruise but there isn't much difference in perks so decided the larger stateroom would be very nice for 15 night cruise.

That sounds great. So to clarify, you paid an additional $1599 on top of the $1379, or was it just the difference between the two? Anyway, for 15 days that seems good, just under $200/night if my calculations are correct.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

That sounds great. So to clarify, you paid an additional $1599 on top of the $1379, or was it just the difference between the two? Anyway, for 15 days that seems good, just under $200/night if my calculations are correct.

Paid just the difference between two prices.  It was $452.00 additional made up of $220.00 per person cruise fare and $6.00 pp gratuity for the extra specialty meal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

Paid just the difference between two prices.  It was $452.00 additional made up of $220.00 per person cruise fare and $6.00 pp gratuity for the extra specialty meal.

Well done!! 😃👏👏👏 That's a great bargain!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well done!! 😃👏👏👏 That's a great bargain!

Thank you .... lol if I had done it one day earlier the price for the MB was $1,529.  I was watching the MA inventory and waiting for the staterooms under the big overhang to disappear.  When price went up to $1,599 decided I better move on it.   Does have the big overhang but on bright side bed is in location I prefer and it is not a connecting stateroom and is close to center stairs so I am happy with assignment.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Thank you .... lol if I had done it one day earlier the price for the MB was $1,529.  I was watching the MA inventory and waiting for the staterooms under the big overhang to disappear.  When price went up to $1,599 decided I better move on it.   Does have the big overhang but on bright side bed is in location I prefer and it is not a connecting stateroom and is close to center stairs so I am happy with assignment.

And you get some nice perks in that cabin (as you said), we like the MA and MB rooms a lot. Have fun!