Roatan on our own...

Debbierpof

We will be in Roatan next week (Carnival Magic) and had contact the last dive shop we used. They said that the cruise lines were not allowing passengers to go out on their own. I haven't been able to call Carnival to confirm. Does anyone know of any limitations? We are all vaccinated (including our kids). TIA

Unvaccinated cruisers or parties with unvaccinated cruisers are only allowed off ships with "bubble tour" excursions.

Otherwise, you're free to move about the island from what we saw 2 weeks ago.  You should recontact your dive shop or look for another.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 4:25 PM, grantbob said:

In November we were able to book a private excursion pre-cruise and were able to walk out of the pier area and over the hill to meet our guide. No issues at all.

Our cruise is on the Madi Gras on January 22, can I ask what private tour you took and what you did and price , its been several years since we have been there. 

17 hours ago, MuffyKismet said:

Our cruise is on the Madi Gras on January 22, can I ask what private tour you took and what you did and price , its been several years since we have been there. 

Yes, From our previous trips we knew we wanted to to spend the day at the beach on West End. We booked a day pass to Infinity Bay resort thru Discover Roatan website. We did the non-AI option which was $45 per person. It included transportation, our own private guide/vehicle for just the two of us (she was wonderful and a safe driver), loungers on the beach with an umbrella (and a uniformed security guard to watch over your stuff while you were in the water). You also have use of the amazing pool and grounds. 

We ate at the restaurant and just ordered a la carte from the menu. We also used the bar, and for us that was a better option than paying $95 for all inclusive. 

Our guide also made a stop on the way back for a unique gift my wife was looking for. I'm sure she would have made any other stops we wanted.

• Like 1

Thank you for you info, I think I really want to snorkel (last time we did a tour the guide took us to this area that was amazing and there was NO one else there!!!!!!  But I have no idea where he took us , it was Victor Bowden tours .  I’m struggling to decided what to do.

5 minutes ago, MuffyKismet said:

Thank you for you info, I think I really want to snorkel (last time we did a tour the guide took us to this area that was amazing and there was NO one else there!!!!!!  But I have no idea where he took us , it was Victor Bowden tours .  I’m struggling to decided what to do.

I doubt you were in West Bay or West End.  Sandy Bay is pretty quiet, with good snorkeling but one needs a pier to get past the shallows. 

Have you tried contacting the tour company, perhaps they have a record.  

• Like 1