Mardis Gras Havana Cabana experience. Anyone?

RollingMeadows

I just got back from the 12/4 MG in a Havana Cabana.

I've also done a Havana Cabana on the Vista.  While the cabin/patio experience is the same - there is no comparison to the Vista class Havana area.  The cabin definitely feels tighter though (and the bathroom is the smallest bathroom I've experienced on a ship) but both these things are typical of cabins for MG.

The location of the Havana area is very good on the MG, very close to entertainment and evening dining. There is still an outdoor bar, seating, and a very small pool.  Nothing close to Vista class, but I did enjoy the area for the option for some peaceful time.  Would I book it again?  Only with a severely discounted fare. 

• Like 2

The pool in the Havana area on the MG is smaller than either of the two hot tubs in the Havana area on the three Vista Class ships.  Small pool versus larger pool, two large hot tubs, tiki huts with water at your feet....there is no comparison of the Havana areas.  Carnival was more interested in the Loft 19 area for their suite guests and the Havana area on the Excel Class was an afterthought.  Obviously nothing can be changed for the Celebration, but perhaps something could be done on the Jubilee similar to the removal of the IMAX on the Panorama, but I doubt it.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, RollingMeadows said:

We just enjoyed a week in a Havana Cabana on the Panorama. Really enjoyed the experience. I'm wondering if anyone else has been in this area yet that would like to share their experience. TIA

The area on the Mardi Gras is totally different, the pool is very small and they cram a lot of chairs in a smaller area than the Panorama and remember they have a lot more Havana rooms on the Mardi Gras.

22 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The pool in the Havana area on the MG is smaller than either of the two hot tubs in the Havana area on the three Vista Class ships.  Small pool versus larger pool, two large hot tubs, tiki huts with water at your feet....there is no comparison of the Havana areas.  Carnival was more interested in the Loft 19 area for their suite guests and the Havana area on the Excel Class was an afterthought.  Obviously nothing can be changed for the Celebration, but perhaps something could be done on the Jubilee similar to the removal of the IMAX on the Panorama, but I doubt it.

Having sailed on Horizon, I agree, the Havana area looks to be a much better experience on the Vista Class than on Mardi Gras. 

What is your opinion of removal of the IMAX on Panorama? Is the trampoline park a worthy replacement, or is it still taking up a lot of space for an activity that rarely gets used. I actually enjoyed the IMAX on Horizon. I saw two movies on my sailing and am looking forward to having it available again in November. It was probably 1/4 to 1/3 full each time I went, but neither of the movies were blockbusters. 

3 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

Having sailed on Horizon, I agree, the Havana area looks to be a much better experience on the Vista Class than on Mardi Gras. 

What is your opinion of removal of the IMAX on Panorama? Is the trampoline park a worthy replacement, or is it still taking up a lot of space for an activity that rarely gets used. I actually enjoyed the IMAX on Horizon. I saw two movies on my sailing and am looking forward to having it available again in November. It was probably 1/4 to 1/3 full each time I went, but neither of the movies were blockbusters. 

Don't really have an opinion about the trampoline park versus the Imax since neither of those features would be utilized by me or the fact that the Panorama sails out of the west coast would intrigue me as well.  The Vista Class as a whole are in my rear view mirror.  I will only be sailing on Excel Class or newer on my future Carnival cruises.  I took the blinders off years ago and have expanded my cruising choices beyond Carnival.  Will primarily sail in the Caribbean on the newest options available such as Mardi Gras, Apex, Prima or Celebration.  Other bucket list sailings such as Alaska, New Zealand or Australia will be on newer options such as the Majestic Princess.