Day 2 PCR Test

Sir Cumference

15 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Their ts and cs will state there is no obligation for them to get the results to you within any time frame whatsoever and any timeframe they used for advertising is merely their 'best endeavours'.

I'm sure that's the case. But in the Guardian article I posted above they did say they would at list listen to requests for refunds where they were unable to provide the service in time. They admitted they were having trouble but claimed on 17.12 there no more delays. Which I can prove - via their emails, and emails from DHL - is not true.

They have not yet replied to any of my four emails, apart from an acknowledgement of the first one.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, GOQ said:

Now I live alone and don't have any local family, so I assume I was supposed to starve, but by chance I had frozen supplies of bread and milk before I left home, so I was lucky.

DH read the legislation before we left for our recent cruise.  You are allowed out for essential food shopping during the isolation period, so no need to starve. 

We returned home 10.00am Tuesday morning, so took our tests which were already at home and DH posted them in the priority box, then picked up some milk, fruit and fresh vegetables - we had everything else at home.  We used Nationwide who return test results on the day they receive the tests, but looks like delivery did not arrive yesterday, so will likely get our results today.  We have previously used Expert Medical who took a full week to return test results, so we would not use them again.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tring said:

DH read the legislation before we left for our recent cruise.  You are allowed out for essential food shopping during the isolation period, so no need to starve.

Perhaps your husband should re-read the rules because that is incorrect - How to quarantine at home after international travel - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

To quote - 

Shopping

You must not go shopping. If you need help buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, you should ask friends or relatives or order a delivery or ask for help from NHS Volunteer Responders.

21 minutes ago, picsa said:

Perhaps your husband should re-read the rules because that is incorrect - How to quarantine at home after international travel - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

To quote - 

Shopping

You must not go shopping. If you need help buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, you should ask friends or relatives or order a delivery or ask for help from NHS Volunteer Responders.

He read the actual legislation which is what matters regards the liability for the fine which is imposed if you do not follow the rules.  How other bodies (or possibly even government staff) interpret that in their own way does not affect the legal situation.  No one can prosecute if something is not illegal.

Different rules may be in place if someone actually tested positive, but I am not sure about that, I am talking about the situation discussed here.  You cannot go out for food shopping if you have someone who can shop for you, but like the person who I quoted, we have no one who could do that for us.  We tried to get an online delivery slot before we went away, but none were available, presumably due to Christmas.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, picsa said:

To quote - 

Shopping

Look under the "Exceptional Circumstances" section of the link you posted above and it clearly says what I had said.

• Like 3