covid test required to enter Italy now

susiesan

I saw this tidbit on the SchengenVisaInfo.com web site about needing a covid test to enter Italy now: 

Anyone who has stayed or passed through one of the countries on List D in the 14 days prior to entering Italy without self-isolation (5 days) must comply with the following regulations:

• fill out the Passenger Locator Form prior to entering Italy. This form replaces the self-declaration made to the travel company and can be shown in both digital and paper format
  • take a negative molecular or antigen swab test in the 72 hours prior to entering Italy; in the case of arrivals from the UK and Northern Ireland and British Isles, the swab test must be taken in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy
  • present the COVID-19 Green Certificate, or equivalent certificate, certifying the completion of the vaccination cycle to the transport operator at the time of boarding and to anyone appointed to carry out the checks. Persons who have stayed in or passed through Canada, Japan and the United States of America in the fourteen days prior to their entry into Italy, can also show a COVID-19 Green Certificate certifying recovery or a certificate issued by the competent health authorities certifying recovery. These certificates can be shown digitally or on paper. 
  • D List countries
  • Saudi Arabia, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Chile, United Arab Emirates, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Israel, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and British bases on the island of Cyprus and excluding territories not belonging to the European continent), Republic of Korea, Singapore, United States of America, Ukraine, Uruguay, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao Special Administrative Regions and the States.
  • https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4

The Riviera cruise April 4 Barcelona-Rome ends in Italy. Does this mean Oceania will provide a covid test onboard  before our arrival on April 15? I will be leaving the US April 2 to fly to BCN for the cruise so I would fall under the regulation for having to be tested to get off the ship in Italy.

If you are required the test, Oceania will arrange for it. That has thus far been their policy.

I believe Oceania made it quite clear months ago that they don’t respond to hyper theoreticals months in advance concerning every new move by every country. Once you get inside of 60 days there will definitive guidance issued. Between now and then Italy is likely to change instructions 3-4 times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susiesan said:

I saw this tidbit on the SchengenVisaInfo.com web site about needing a covid test to enter Italy now: 

Anyone who has stayed or passed through one of the countries on List D in the 14 days prior to entering Italy without self-isolation (5 days) must comply with the following regulations:

• fill out the Passenger Locator Form prior to entering Italy. This form replaces the self-declaration made to the travel company and can be shown in both digital and paper format
  • take a negative molecular or antigen swab test in the 72 hours prior to entering Italy; in the case of arrivals from the UK and Northern Ireland and British Isles, the swab test must be taken in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy
  • present the COVID-19 Green Certificate, or equivalent certificate, certifying the completion of the vaccination cycle to the transport operator at the time of boarding and to anyone appointed to carry out the checks. Persons who have stayed in or passed through Canada, Japan and the United States of America in the fourteen days prior to their entry into Italy, can also show a COVID-19 Green Certificate certifying recovery or a certificate issued by the competent health authorities certifying recovery. These certificates can be shown digitally or on paper. 

Looks similar to regs for our 17 Nov Rome to Miami TA. Pretty standard. The Italian PLF form was longer to fill out than the French Health pass, but the Italian PLF was processed v quickly unlike the experience some had w the French health pass.

The only time I had trouble was when I didn’t input the flight schedule using military time.

This was discussed pretty extensively on our rollcall.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

This was discussed pretty extensively on our rollcall.

What I meant to say was that either you can get a lot of support for this process on your rollcall, or you can provide a lot of support to others as you go through the process together.