bringing some wine

misslots

misslots - it is NOT true. You are welcome to bring a bottle or two of your own wine onboard. You will be charged a corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle. ;)

i thought a corkage fee is when u bring your own bottle to the dinning room?

thanks for the info

i thought a corkage fee is when u bring your own bottle to the dinning room?

thanks for the info

Corkage fee is paid whether you consume the wine in your stateroom or in the diningroom. You'll pay your corkage fee at embarkation if the wine is in your carry-on bags, or shortly afterwards when you go to retrieve your luggage from the contraband room (assuming they find the wine bottle during x-ray). If the wine does not show on the x-ray, you got lucky and won't pay the corkage fee at all! ;)

Hope that helps.

If the x ray does pick it up, you are notified openly with a note on the door. It has proved embarassing to many.

Which is precisely why it makes much more sense to just take it along in your carry-on bags. No need to visit the "contraband" room, and have all your neighbors snickering when they see the contraband notice on your cabin door! ;)

We just got off the Spirit and brought 3 bottles of wine with us in our checked luggage. Sure enough, there was a note on our cabin door telling us to come down to Deck 3 to verify the contents. We opened the luggage, showed them it was wine, and there was a wine steward there who then charged us the $15 per bottle fee. We weren't at all embaressed and didn't see anyone snickering at us.....in fact, there was probably 50 or more suitcases there waiting to be picked up. Took all of 5 minutes.....

When we were on the Dream last year and they took ALL wine etc off you at security on embarkation. No mention of paying corkage.

They also notified people their luggage was awaiting them and when they turned up to collect it were confronted with security ready to take the alcohol off them out of their suitcases. It was like the gestapo. Honestly, it put me right off NCL.

If the x ray does pick it up, you are notified openly with a note on the door. It has proved embarassing to many.

You knew or know it is against company policy so if you get caught all I can say is "you should know better" We do bring a little bit of the good stuff to consume in our room, we have been lucky, but we also know if we get notified we are breaking the rules they will put a note on our door. It wouldn't embarrass me at all. NMnita

When we were on the Dream last year and they took ALL wine etc off you at security on embarkation. No mention of paying corkage.

They also notified people their luggage was awaiting them and when they turned up to collect it were confronted with security ready to take the alcohol off them out of their suitcases. It was like the gestapo. Honestly, it put me right off NCL.

I am a bit confused: we have traveled on NCL several times, out of Texas as well as Miami, etc and never have they kept the wine we have carried on. They do charge the $15 cockage fee and they do convescate the alcohol in your luggage, but not the wine. This must have been a one time occurrance. BTW, Celebrity would not allow booze to be carried on either: we got busted in San Juan. They did let us bring our wine on, but even then they gave us a hassle. I think they are stricter embarking in San Juan than in the states. NMnita

Archived