Live (Wi-Fi willing) Christmas Mardi Gras Review 12/18- 12/26 Blue Card Perspective

BennyBrun

Re masks in gym.

This must be new in relation to Omicron and increased outbreaks.  End of November, first of December, you could be maskless in the weight section as well as the cardio. Gym was quiet early in the AM as only people using were crew members before 7.  You could get in a good weight and cardio workout without having to wait for a weight station or stagger treads or bikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Re masks in gym.

This must be new in relation to Omicron and increased outbreaks.  End of November, first of December, you could be maskless in the weight section as well as the cardio. Gym was quiet early in the AM as only people using were crew members before 7.  You could get in a good weight and cardio workout without having to wait for a weight station or stagger treads or bikes.

I agree.  I was on MG in October and worked out at the gym at least 3 times, always in the freeweight section.  My workout is 30 seconds of jumping rope/running in place/jumping jacks then 10 reps of a strength training exercise, then more cardio.  I didn't wear a mask because I was doing cardio, but no one asked me to wear a mask.  Sounds like the rules are more strict now.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JaniceB said:

Great review and just love your pictures.  What beach did you go to on your tour in Amber Cove?

I am not quite sure since it was the guides choice.  But if you search for this restaurant in the picture you should be able to find it.  It is very nice there are beach services for a fee ( very reasonable) and you are across from downtown.  If you hire a guide outside, remember it’s $40.00 for up to 4 so if they try to get you to pay more you have to stand firm and tell them $40.00 (maybe $50.00 depending on the gas prices) and PAY AT THE END so that they stay with you the whole time.

21370F65-CA66-457E-81A2-397877349544.jpeg

5417B720-474C-4C20-B246-0A56BF553B4E.jpeg

2C363F16-DE5E-4021-9C35-4E68CD58FADE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Day 5

PSA please be careful walking around old town.  The streets are uneven and dangerous when you fall.  We saw two falls and one required a ride on the ambulance.  I hope the cruiser is all right.  She was bleeding on the legs/knees/head.  The pictures shows the condition of the road not where the accidents happened.

0FB68ACB-DCA4-4153-A138-5178A20BE357.jpeg

E0A9031F-F64E-47AA-BCC1-4BA4885D8ECD.jpeg

142DD963-B617-45BF-98FD-4A6AB890784B.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I think La Bombonera usually closes around 4P and Cafe Manolin closes around 4:30 PR Time.

Not sure why they were closed earlier.

La Bombonera was our first stop around 1:30PM so I was in shock and google map said they are open until 5PM so double sadness!

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Re masks in gym.

Yeap … new starting 12/18 due to the Omicron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agree.  I was on MG in October and worked out at the gym at least 3 times, always in the freeweight section.  My workout is 30 seconds of jumping rope/running in place/jumping jacks then 10 reps of a strength training exercise, then more cardio.  I didn't wear a mask because I was doing cardio, but no one asked me to wear a mask.  Sounds like the rules are more strict now.

Cardio machine no mask.  Weights section is patrolled every 30 minutes or so.  They are nice about it so as long as you don’t publicly ignoring the rules they won’t bother you.

Day 5

Another great day has sailed away from us and now it’s about dinner time.  The MDR menu did not look very interesting tonight again (I saw rabbit on the menu but I am not that adventurous) so we are going to spin the roulette wheel and head back to Cucina again!  How appropriate since it’s Vegas Nights at center stage.

image.jpg

• Like 1