Complimentary speciality dining for diamond

FrostyJoe

5 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

I think I see both points here.  You get what you paid for with XYZ company and no point in comparing company to company.   If you prefer ABC company--your choice to book ABC.  If you can put up with XYZ company that offers less than ABC then put it up with....

But what really bothered me with MSC (first time I booked with them) is I thought I did my homework and looked at what Aurea experience included at the time of booking (easy package & one massage, etc.); I checked their website and then booked.  As soon as I got the confirmation, I noticed that Aurea experience did not include the items that they were currently advertising on their own website that Aurea should include.   Turns out, they "downgraded" the Aurea--without updating their website for another week or so.

So when I called to ask if they can give me easy and/or complimentary massage as advertised on their website (and independently confirmed by MSC rep), they choices that were given to me was they'll give me the "opportunity" to cancel even though I booked after final payment.  I thought this was disingenuous at best, and false advertisement/fraud at worst.  I'm sure it was not intentional and their IT department didn't update their website on time etc but that still does not change the fact that I got baited and switched literally.

We still opted to keep the cruise for now since it was a pretty good deal and they also matched us to Diamond etc but it wasn't a great first impression.

Where I agree with Oxo in general is that companies have been cost cutting left and right in cruising and other industries.  And now companies are blaming covid for things that's totally unrelated.  What has providing prompt refund has anything to do with covid?  Gone are the days with midnight chocolate buffets, free room service, mints on beds, ice sculptures at buffets, etc etc....  Also on the land side for our "safety" no daily room servicing unless specifically asked--what ever happen to defaulting to cleaning the room and for those that don't want their room entered nowadays, they can always use the do not disturb sticker.....

Covid is bad and serious and by no means am I denying the seriousness of it.  But I don't like the fact many big $$$$ companies are using covid really as an excuse to continue their path to cost cut....

That being said, we certainly paid more 10, 15 years ago --inflation adjusted.  So we ultimately got and will get what we paid for....

This is a very interesting video that also talks about MSC Dining Package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H11IKiiGT8&t=331s

10 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

But youre on an MSC board not an NCL one. 

Personally, Ive tried NCL twice and didnt much care for it. 

Each cruise line has it pluses and minuses. I know what board I am on as I cruise MSC, RCI, NCL, Celebrity, HAL and Princess in no specific order and provide input on all CC forums.

My point has been stated and my opinion is why should you be restricted to only ONE Taste Experience portion of a Specialty Restaurant? Is that clearly stated when you buy a SR Dining Package? fIf it is, many people are missing it or overlooking it. Then if you pick out something else on the other portion of the menu your have to pay 50% of that other item price to get it? Many people have complained about that and so have we. 

Another MSC issue is that when you have a drink package they tried to restrict us from getting drinks in the MDR when we were on the Sinfonia in Europe. After discussing this with the Loyalty Hostess on the cruise, showing here the MSC terms, we did get served our drinks in the MDR. In fact, When I posted this issue on this forum at that time, many people disagreed with me and said who orders a drink in the MDR? They never ordered a drink in the MDR and thought that was improper. Never ordering a drink when you are out and having a meal in a restaurant? LOL

Others are experience the same issues.

If you don't surface an issue you are having, how will it ever get corrected?

These are valid concerns to any and all who cruise regardless of cruise line. That is what these forums are for. Information to be disseminated between the members of each forum.   

I consider my time valuable and with my experience cruising, I fell I am trying to help others to enjoy cruising much more. Providing real experiences rather than a sales pitch. 

I am not a cheerleader for any cruise line. I post just my honest opinion. JMHO! 

Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

.....My point has been stated and my opinion is why should you be restricted to only ONE Taste Experience portion of a Specialty Restaurant? Is that clearly stated when you buy a SR Dining Package? fIf it is, many people are missing it or overlooking it. Then if you pick out something else on the other portion of the menu your have to pay 50% of that other item price to get it? Many people have complained about that and so have we.....

Based on what you have written, it seems to me the specialty restaurants on MSC are not for you. 😉

Have a joyful Christmas.

35 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Based on what you have written, it seems to me the specialty restaurants on MSC are not for you. 😉

Have a joyful Christmas.

Thank you for your valid/valuable opinion.

Stay Safe and Happy Holidays!

4 minutes ago, JUSRN said:

Are diamond members limited to just the steak house for the complimentary dinner?
Can we go to one for the other specialty restaurants?

This would be good info….I’m eyeing either the steak house or ocean cay (if they let us). But not sure which one I’ll pick even if they let us go to ocean cay…

5 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Also, kind of off topic here but does anyone know how we can go about getting the complimentary photo?  I read something and medeterrian night but also read they don’t have that night on 4 night mera..

Pitch up at the photo area, and ask. It varies by ship.

15 hours ago, JUSRN said:

Are diamond members limited to just the steak house for the complimentary dinner?
Can we go to one for the other specialty restaurants?

On the Med Virtuosa  sailing we were b2b did the Vietnamese first week and Hola the second both were excellent.  

27 minutes ago, deniseatnycs said:

On the Med Virtuosa  sailing we were b2b did the Vietnamese first week and Hola the second both were excellent.  

I didn't know Hola! was included in Diamond special.....  What do you get there with Diamond?  The AYCE?