Acceptable method for presenting precruise Covid test at the cruise terminal.

blazerfan1

Hello we are scheduled to raise out of Miami on April 30 but we are flying into Miami April 26. We plan on taking the abbot test which they will send us the results of the test to our email account. We will not have access to a printer so if we show the results to them on our IPhones will that be acceptable or do they need a printed copy?

I wouldn't trust the possibility of showing a cruise clerk an image on your phone.  Not to mention the ick factor, do you really want this person to handle your phone after handling hundreds of other phones?  Make arrangements to print out your results at the hotel business center.  ❤

Hello - we have cruise 4 times under the current covid protocols out of Miami and FLL.  We have had our test results printed out, we have had them on our phones as a screen shot and I have also showed them through the CVS app.  All three were accepted no problem.  They key is having all the information on your test results.  Name, DOB, date and time of test and results!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen most hotels have a business center, perhaps can print out ar. Will you have a vehicle? In the way way back days we would go to fed-ex and print out plane boarding pass. In case no internet take screenshots of emails- that way they results are also in photos. We just did Abbott test yesterday, and in email I have results, plus if out Navica app on cell can get results and a QR code. 

I just wrote a step by step of my experience using Abbott Binax home proctored test under the Carnival boards, front page covid testing thread #2, page 14.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, blazerfan1 said:

Hello we are scheduled to raise out of Miami on April 30 but we are flying into Miami April 26. We plan on taking the abbot test which they will send us the results of the test to our email account. We will not have access to a printer so if we show the results to them on our IPhones will that be acceptable or do they need a printed copy?

We tested Christmas Day with the proctored Abbott test. I added both son and wife as additional users on my Navica account. All 3 negative results were readily available together on the Navica app. Just seems easier and faster to show your phone rather than fumbling needlessly for more docs at check-in.

I tested the last time at CVS, and for some reason it would not show up under my "dashboard" so that I could print it.

I showed the form on my phone and had no issue (Long Beach port, Panorama). No ick factor - I held my own phone - did not have to give anyone my phone to hold.

Seems like a good thread for a little cautionary tale.  For reference, we have sailed 5 times since the restart so we're certainly not rookies.

On our last sailing, the health screener at the Mia port did NOT accept our standard CVS letter that had the big NEGATIVE at the top and included all our relevant info as that negative assertion was allegedly (in her eyes) put in the form of a question 'What do you do when you test NEGATIVE?'  I'm fully confident those of you who use CVS know the exact letter I'm talking about.  Anyway, we had to fumble through our phone app to locate the actual test result.  I'm not sure that was a one off as we've used the notification letter every other time but now I'll bring 20 pieces of paper and 3 app based medical records reports if they want!

Someday the madness will stop. And mind you, I'm not criticizing the testing requirement.  But we heard other similar horror stories about the screeners that embarkation.  Um, take YES for an answer please.

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Seems like a good thread for a little cautionary tale.  For reference, we have sailed 5 times since the restart so we're certainly not rookies.

On our last sailing, the health screener at the Mia port did NOT accept our standard CVS letter that had the big NEGATIVE at the top and included all our relevant info as that negative assertion was allegedly (in her eyes) put in the form of a question 'What do you do when you test NEGATIVE?'  I'm fully confident those of you who use CVS know the exact letter I'm talking about.  Anyway, we had to fumble through our phone app to locate the actual test result.  I'm not sure that was a one off as we've used the notification letter every other time but now I'll bring 20 pieces of paper and 3 app based medical records reports if they want!

Sorry that there was no additional statement following my quoting of jsglow's post but I wasn't allowed to go below the quote and respond.

I know the CVS form as we had the same one for our Celebrity cruise which boarded in Tampa on 2/14.

The form is confusing because while the Negative is there in bold, the informatory paragraph on negative results is more prominent. I was panic at first that there wasn't a "Negative" clearly stated until I realized I needed to scroll up the page.

I made sure I printed out all our required boarding documents and I was glad that I did.

For anyone who might cruise out of Tampa (pier 6), be aware that many passengers had problems with their phone connecting in the terminal to display documents.

There was a long line of passengers waiting for technical assistance.

Those of us with hard copies breezed through.

ScottsSweetie, we had the same problem with trying to print out the CVS results (we even went to a local store for help).

The only way we managed was to screen shot the text notification which gave the link to the results and message it to our daughter.

She then sent it back to us as an email which we could open on our computer and print out the results.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Sorry that there was no additional statement following my quoting of jsglow's post but I wasn't allowed to go below the quote and respond.

I know the CVS form as we had the same one for our Celebrity cruise which boarded in Tampa on 2/14.

The form is confusing because while the Negative is there in bold, the informatory paragraph on negative results is more prominent. I was panic at first that there wasn't a "Negative" clearly stated until I realized I needed to scroll up the page.

I made sure I printed out all our required boarding documents and I was glad that I did.

For anyone who might cruise out of Tampa (pier 6), be aware that many passengers had problems with their phone connecting in the terminal to display documents.

There was a long line of passengers waiting for technical assistance.

Those of us with hard copies breezed through.

ScottsSweetie, we had the same problem with trying to print out the CVS results (we even went to a local store for help).

The only way we managed was to screen shot the text notification which gave the link to the results and message it to our daughter.

She then sent it back to us as an email which we could open on our computer and print out the results.  

No doubt the form isn't perfect upon further review although all the required info is there and CVS thinks it's 'perfect'.  We had the entire thing printed and have used it exclusively every single time.  Next time I'll also have the actual result printed.  It's a little harder to read but for the overzealous screener, read away.

And great point about relying on one's phone with spotty cell coverage.

Look, the lady was very nice but it was still a very stressful situation as I was trying to remember passwords, etc.