Has anyone gone to US with a positive result (after 14 days)instead of test?

petuniaflower

Has anyone had this experience? Im curious to know if anyone has successfully entered without an antigen test and instead a positive covid test, am I understanding correctly that this would be acceptable for both entry to US as well as re entry to Canada? If so, is it just a lab result with date on it you have to bring? Thx!

• Like 1

Did some digging on the CDC site-wonder of the lines will accept this??

Information for people who recently recovered from COVID-19

• If you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 3 months and met criteria to end isolation, you do NOT need to get tested before or after cruise travel unless you have symptoms. CDC has found that people can continue to test positive for up to 3 months after they had COVID-19 and not be infectious to others.
  • Travel with a copy of your positive test result and a letter from your healthcare or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.” If you are asked by officials in a foreign country, you may be required to show this documentation.
  • You also do NOT need to self-quarantine after cruise travel if you have recently recovered from COVID-19, even if you are not fully vaccinated.
  • If you develop new symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolate and consult with a healthcare provider for testing recommendations.

39 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Oh..thanks for the reply..I was under the impression a positive covid test would suffice..I guess if you've had covid you may not be able to cruise for some time then, since they say you may test positive for months after?

This gets asked on the cruise forums alot.

You can't show proof of a positive test a certain number of days ago as proof of not having Covid to cruise.

Some people have reported testing negative 14 days after getting a positive. No one has confirmed that it has taken 90 days.

I just know that on John Heald's Face Book page people ask this almost daily and he says that even though the CDC says what you posted.. cruise lines won't let you cruise.

The suggestion is to take antige tests every few days until you test negative.

I have also said that the problem with cruising with a positive test is how do you know it's from your initial infection or that you've gotten it again?

• Like 2

Typical of the cruise line approach is this FAQ from the Celebrity Healthy At Sea webpages:

If I’ve had Covid-19 and am recovered with a negative test result, but am not vaccinated, am I permitted to board with a Certificate of Recovery issued by my doctor?

At this time, Celebrity will not accept Certificates of Recovery.

• Like 1