Has anyone streamed or HDMI shows from phone to TV

seapad

Well, bring your own cable and be prepared to pay for data, unless your phone has beaucoup de storage, or your laptop and disc.  Also depends on the TV; if it has HDMI  you might get lucky. Since we have not cruised in nearly two years perhaps someone fresh can comment on the HDMI input of cabin TVs on each ship.....? 

20 hours ago, seapad said:

Wondering if anyone has tried to stream shows or used HDMI to connect to cabin TV for shows from your devices? Can you share your steps how that was done? 

Thanks in advance. 

No.

Also tried to hook up DVD player that we brought and jacks were disabled. That was on a Yacht club TV which are bigger or different from our friends regular balcony cabin just last week.

The wifi perk does not stream at all. No you tube or even duo would not work.

49 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We were on Seashore last week and the TV had HDMI inputs on the side.  The TV mount was very adjustable so the ports would have been easy to get to.

Thank you! I guess I just need to bring a universal remote. 🙂 

Just wanted to add, on Seashore in the Yacht Club the TV's had an option to cast to them from your phone or tablet.  We used it regularly with items saved to our devices (and FYI, we regularly download movies and series to our phones....they don't take up that much storage if saved in a reasonable quality).  I was surprised how well the casting worked having also done this several times in Hotels with mixed results.  I note however that the TVs were Samsung as was my tablet and my partner's phone (so perhaps that added to the stability and usability).  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Just wanted to add, on Seashore in the Yacht Club the TV's had an option to cast to them from your phone or tablet.  We used it regularly with items saved to our devices (and FYI, we regularly download movies and series to our phones....they don't take up that much storage if saved in a reasonable quality).  I was surprised how well the casting worked having also done this several times in Hotels with mixed results.  I note however that the TVs were Samsung as was my tablet and my partner's phone (so perhaps that added to the stability and usability).  

That's great news. I use a Samsung phone too. Can you explain how it works? So is there an option on the TV main menu to connect streaming from my device? Thx

Yes, there's an option on the TV (but I actually don't think anything on the TV needed to be "selected" - clicking the option just brought up the instructions on how to connect and your TV's unique ID).  I then used the screencast option from my tablet settings (and as such, I note that the video would continue to play on my tablet screen while being cast to the TV; as such, I plugged my tablet in and left it on a side table considering this continues to use considerable power....this also means your device is effectively not otherwise usable while casting).