The Daily for Sunday 12/26/2021

richwmn

9 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

@dfish I live just down US-31 from Elk Rapids! This is my Springtime view over the Boardman River, across downtown Traverse City, and up Grand Traverse Bay toward Elk Rapids. I'd suggest meeting for coffee while you are in Northern Michigan but, having just been with DDIL's extended family, we are laying low out of an abundance of caution until we are certain there were no unknown exposures. Enjoy your family visit and, hopefully, we can meet someday on a BHB.

-Melisa157038228_IMG_20150509_15295622.thumb.jpg.02ec4d440a1aa42ac7b10d5e0c811c94.jpg

Hi Melissa,

We are actually a bit north of Elk Rapids, technically Kewadin.  If not on a BHB, perhaps we can meet another time when I am up here.  I usually make it up a couple of times a year.  We are doing some kind of enchanted walk tomorrow night in Harbor Springs tomorrow night.  Should be interesting

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dfish said:

...perhaps we can meet another time when I am up here.

That would be great as I'm not sure when (or if) DH's health will allow us to return to the sea...

I believe you recently said you taught Earth Science in Ohio. If correct, did you know any Earth Science teachers from the Athens, OH public schools? My family is originally from Athens and my first cousin, Paula, retired from that position a few years back.

-Melisa

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

That would be great as I'm not sure when (or if) DH's health will allow us to return to the sea...

I believe you recently said you taught Earth Science in Ohio. If correct, did you know any Earth Science teachers from the Athens, OH public schools? My family is originally from Athens and my first cousin, Paula, retired from that position a few years back.

-Melisa

I didn't know any teachers from Athens.   We picked up a superintendent from Athens that they were glad to be rid of and we soon regretted.   I do know people from Athens from the work I do for a non profit in Ohio.   It has been 15+ years since I retired from teaching.

• Like 1