Sailin jewel 5 days, snow storm coming what happens if you can't make your flight?

cindibplus4

We booked through American express travel who book directly through ncl and yes have the insurance. Go figure we have no snow to speak of in nh and we might get hit with a storm Saturday night. We have an early Sunday am flight with 4 kids that don't even know we are going. We told them we were going skiing. It is supposed to be a surprise.

Cindy, did I understand you booked your air through your agent and NCL? If so, I don't think I understand the extra $2000. Normally you book whatever air the cruiselines blocks and for an extra $50 or so you can get what is called air deveation (spelling) I guess this does not always work. Anyway, flying down a day in advance is always advisable but it is too late. Give the airline a call or have your agent do it; see what you can do. Yes, if you have insurance you will, most likely be flown to the first port. I am sorry this had to happen to you, we will pray and cross our fingers it is a false alarm, but winter seems to be arriving very late this year. NMnita

We ran into the same thing last week. Booked air thru NCL and had insurance. We were called Saturday morning and told our flight had been canceled. American was great and got us on a flight on Saturday at 4 PM. We had to fly to Dallas and leave from there Sunday morning for Miami. We can get reimbursed for the hotel and meals. We didn't have to pay a fee for this flight because American canceled and not us. We talket to one couple had on there own decided to fly out early and it cost them $150 each to leave early. Several people didn't catch up with us until we were in San Juan. By the way it was a great cruise. Enjoy!

When we first booked it was going to be about $150. per person extra to book the day before plus we would need to room as we have four kids with us. plua food, car and expenses. So when it was all said and done we would have paid about $2000 more to go to miami the day before. I am watching the weather closly and hoping that it is not delayed. At least we don't have the kids bugging us about whether the flight will be canceled they have no idea they are even going yet.

At this point I think all you probably want to do is keep a close watch on the weather. American was super in helping us make it to the ship on time. Where are you flying out of. We flew out of Boston. When we got to our room on the Jewel we called home and there was about 18 inches of snow on the ground. We live in central Massachusetts. When we came hoe on Sunday it was all gone. Three days of near 60 degree weather while we were away!

Archived