BTimmer's Almost Live - Zuiderdam 1/2-30/22 -San Diego to Florida RT

Btimmer

4 hours ago, 0106 said:

2/13 Florida to San Diego cruise.  How many times should I anticipate being tested after I board the ship?  When were you tested?

Anticipate being tested once before the Panama Canal and if you are taking a B2B cruise or another HAL ship, expect another test before disembarkation day.  But expect the unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dchip said:

We were in 4179 aft facing for the 2/27/22 cruise. Our TA called last week and changed our cabin to an aft facing cabin on Deck 7. Since that deck is mostly suites it most likely would not be a quarantine deck. We didn’t want to take a chance and get stuck midship somewhere. 

Ha, that's the same cabin we have booked.     Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if they have anything else aft facing a few decks up.

9 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Ha, that's the same cabin we have booked.     Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if they have anything else aft facing a few decks up.

Perhaps they are not going to use Deck 4 and I just was needlessly worried.  It’s a great cabin. A little bigger than the other aft facing cabins. We like being as close to the water as possible and not having decks below us. I don’t mind decks above us. We have it for the 10/3/22 South Pacific Cruise. 

56 minutes ago, dchip said:

Perhaps they are not going to use Deck 4 and I just was needlessly worried.  It’s a great cabin. A little bigger than the other aft facing cabins. We like being as close to the water as possible and not having decks below us. I don’t mind decks above us. We have it for the 10/3/22 South Pacific Cruise. 

We had this cabin going thru the Panama Canal and we loved it.   I was happy to get it!   I'm with you, I like being close to the water 🙂.    

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

We had this cabin going thru the Panama Canal and we loved it.   I was happy to get it!   I'm with you, I like being close to the water 🙂.    

Was that this year? Did I jump the gun? 😳

We just got off Nieuw Statendam. Most of deck 4 and the aft section of deck 5 was in use for isolation and/or quarantine. This includes crew who are joining the ship and unfortunately those passengers and crew who tested positive during the voyage.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:37 PM, Btimmer said:

After reboarding for the last time I thought I would share the four things I've missed:

1. Popcorn

2. Chopsticks.  There have been none available.

3.  Cookies available at times other than lunch.

4.  More information about the senior officers and especially the new captain.  

The B2B has been wonderful.  Impeccable service, spot on shore excursions, a fabulous Caneletto crew, and lots of great memories were made.

I always found cookies at the Grand Dutch Cafe. My favorite were the 6-inch chocolate chip cookies.