Disembarking Process at Fort Lauderdale--Can I Make a 9AM Flight

nelblu

I agree that it's not worth the risk. If everything goes just right, you'd be fine, but everything has to go just right. If you get any hiccup in your plan, you got real troubles on your hands. With the way flights are going right now, you cannot assume that you'll be able to get on that noon flight if you miss the 9.

You also cannot assume that you will be off the ship early enough to make it. It might be 7 AM, but it also might be 8:30.

Now, you could still get off the ship and to the airport as early as you can. Get there early enough, and you might be able to get on the 9 AM flight if there's room. I'd much rather gamble in that way.  Limit your downside and hope to improve if the circumstances allow. 

We disembarked the Allure 12/23 in FLL.  We had a late flight so not in a big hurry, but we were trying to get the airport to try a stand by flight.  Power went out in the terminal around the time we were heading out and they held everyone on the ship for around an hour until it was restored.  Once the power came back on the facial recognition system was down so that slowed things further.  The first folks off had no issues, but you never know when something weird like that may happen.  I would not chance it. 

• Like 1

I had a 9:30 am flight many years ago . I made the flight . The problem is you can dismiss the early time for the most of the cruise but on the last night it kind of

lingers in your head of what if i miss the flight. I book flights after 12 noon and sit around at the airport with a clear head.

• Like 1