Booster Required for Pfizer?

JamieLogical

My husband and I both received emails today about the health & safety protocols for our 1/21 sailing on the Equinox. The language leads me to believe that a booster is required for people with Pfizer or the J&J vaccine, because it says two doses are required with a minimum of 28 days between doses. My husband and I both received the Pfizer vaccine with only 21 days between doses and, obviously, the J&J vaccine only required one dose originally. Here is the language from the email:

All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. As such, Celebrity Cruises will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
 Pfizer    Johnson & Johnson    Sinovac
 Moderna    AstraZeneca    Sinopharm
 Covaxin        
Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.

It clearly states that boosters are not required, but those of us with Pfizer only 21 days apart and one dose of the J&J don't seem eligible to sail. My husband and I were both boosted in October and plan to bring proof of that when we sail, but I am still not completely clear on the current protocol.

Their email says "mixed series" needs to comply with 28 days... so if the first shot was Pfizer and second Moderna, for instance, 28 days in between is required.

I don't read it to say that two Pfizer doses need to be 28 days apart.

Edited by trabeler
Corrected
  • Like 3