Size of 7084... ADA cabin

Hawaiidan

In looking at deck plans with an engineers's eyes, it appears that the handicap cabin 7084 is about 25 % larger in dimension than a standard B-3 cabin with extended deck.     Has anyone  who sailed in  a Riviera handcap cabin experienced or observed the larger size and clearances  ?      Any pictures?     Yes I searched but found nothing....    Your help please.

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

In looking at deck plans with an engineers's eyes, it appears that the handicap cabin 7084 is about 25 % larger in dimension than a standard B-3 cabin with extended deck.     Has anyone  who sailed in  a Riviera handcap cabin experienced or observed the larger size and clearances  ?      Any pictures?     Yes I searched but found nothing....    Your help please.

The following was submitted by Cruise Critic contributors StanandJim.  (We couldn't find out what the jpg was).  Hope this helps:

The Handicapped cabins on Deck 7 (7082 through 7087, inclusive) are approximately 50 square feet larger than a standard Veranda or Ocean-view Stateroom in their respective categories.

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/703158/20150609/223130.jpg

The entire stateroom is about the width of a bathmat (2.5 feet) wider than what is average, and the cabin entrance door is wider than is usual, but most of the discernible extra space is concentrated in the bathroom, specifically in the very commodious roll in-roll out shower, which is liberally studded with grab bars.

An Alert Button is centrally located.

Throughout, the floors are gently slanted so as to eliminate the normal lips on the door-frames.

The bathroom sink is specially constructed so that a person sitting in a wheelchair can sit at it and perform ablutions. The mirrors are also adjusted to the height of a sitting person.

14 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

The following was submitted by Cruise Critic contributors StanandJim.  (We couldn't find out what the jpg was).  Hope this helps:

The Handicapped cabins on Deck 7 (7082 through 7087, inclusive) are approximately 50 square feet larger than a standard Veranda or Ocean-view Stateroom in their respective categories.

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/703158/20150609/223130.jpg

The entire stateroom is about the width of a bathmat (2.5 feet) wider than what is average, and the cabin entrance door is wider than is usual, but most of the discernible extra space is concentrated in the bathroom, specifically in the very commodious roll in-roll out shower, which is liberally studded with grab bars.

An Alert Button is centrally located.

Throughout, the floors are gently slanted so as to eliminate the normal lips on the door-frames.

The bathroom sink is specially constructed so that a person sitting in a wheelchair can sit at it and perform ablutions. The mirrors are also adjusted to the height of a sitting person.

Thanks for the detailed and help.......helps me in my life role now as care giver.....

26 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Thanks for the detailed and help.......helps me in my life role now as care giver.....

The excellent Preismans site also has some pics and a good description of an accessible Riviera cabin. 

Covid willing I will be in a Marina accessible in April so can answer any questions after then for you. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:32 AM, ToxM said:

The excellent Preismans site also has some pics and a good description of an accessible Riviera cabin. 

Covid willing I will be in a Marina accessible in April so can answer any questions after then for you. 

thank you...good luck on April...   I cancelled May  and went to  end of August  to be safe,,  not from the virus  but from onboard  restrictions and ports