Jewel of the Seas - December 30

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Interesting. I thought Everbridge only did warnings and emergencies. I didn't know the cruise line was using them for notifications. :classic_smile:

The airline I work for uses Everbridge for notifications to our emergency response team - which I'm part of - in the event of an aircraft incident.  My heart sank when I first got the Everbridge notification text, and was then amazingly relieved to find out that it was *just* from Royal Caribbean about our 1/29 sailing on Jewel of the Seas being cancelled.

Still bummed, but I get it, even though we'd really made up our minds that we'd likely cancel.  They mentioned compensation, and there really isn't any - while those on close-in cruises are being given both a 100% refund AND 100% future cruise credit, those of us a few weeks out had to make a choice - take the refund, or a 125% FCC.   Not the greatest if you ask me, but then again, I get it - ***** happens.  This was a force-majeure event and not completely within RCI's control, so I'm not about to hold their feet to the fire for additional compensation.

Although I do think the "right thing to do" would be to offer something more to everyone impacted, but that's me...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sosai X said:

The airline I work for uses Everbridge for notifications to our emergency response team - which I'm part of - in the event of an aircraft incident.  My heart sank when I first got the Everbridge notification text, and was then amazingly relieved to find out that it was *just* from Royal Caribbean about our 1/29 sailing on Jewel of the Seas being cancelled.

Still bummed, but I get it, even though we'd really made up our minds that we'd likely cancel.  They mentioned compensation, and there really isn't any - while those on close-in cruises are being given both a 100% refund AND 100% future cruise credit, those of us a few weeks out had to make a choice - take the refund, or a 125% FCC.   Not the greatest if you ask me, but then again, I get it - ***** happens.  This was a force-majeure event and not completely within RCI's control, so I'm not about to hold their feet to the fire for additional compensation.

Although I do think the "right thing to do" would be to offer something more to everyone impacted, but that's me...

Just be glad your getting money or credit! I got nothing for my Liberty 9/2020 cruise, couldn't even L&S $500 just gone! I'm sure RCI will figure out away to give me no $$ for my March Jewel, but it's getting ugly on board & C-19 soaring; especially if you've get C-19, it won't be fun! No way I'm stepping into FL or on Jewel! Onward to OOB in May & NH in September & maybe the Vineyard this year, or back to the other 2! You just have to have the dice fall luckily to you, some have made out like bandits, while the rest of us loose deposit $$$. Kicking myself for booking Jewel & I'm putting on my board never do again til were in a post C-19 world!  JMO! 

• Like 1