Marella Explorer 2 - New Year Cruise

2 hours ago, Cardiff girl said:

Thanks for updating us on this @ferretktf, and safe journey home.

I'm sure @Cinammon and fellow travellers will have a great cruise, but, to me,  enforcement lies at a senior level. 

My Goddaughter and I intend to have as much fun as we can whilst maintaining a social distance from our fellow travellers.  We'll choose a quiet bar for a drink, buffet or MDR tables away from others where possible and be masked whenever we are not actually eating or drinking.

However, if I do see people obviously flouting safety rules I will report it to an officer rather than a regular crew member.  I do understand that waiters and the like are not keen to upset passengers and try to avoid confrontation but in the current situation, surely the cruise line needs to take responsibility for the health of us all.......passengers and crew members.

Incidentally,  on previous cruises on different lines with good (included) internet I have posted Live From blogs.  If I can use the 4G on my phone whilst ashore I may write an Almost Live Blog on here, if there seems to be enough interest.  As I haven't sailed Marella before, I'm not  sure how many CC members there are who read these posts.

• Like 2

Just landed back at LGW 

@cardiffgirl 

You are so right. On night 1 they should have stopped the music and made a announcement that no more music would be played or drinks served until passengers complied with mask wearing and appropriate social distancing. 

That would have set the tone for the cruise and made it far easier for the non executive staff to enforce. 

Edited by ferretktf
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ferretktf said:

Just landed back at LGW 

@cardiffgirl 

You are so right. On night 1 they should have stopped the music and made a announcement that no more music would be played or drinks served until passengers complied with mask wearing and appropriate social distancing. 

That would have set the tone for the cruise and made it far easier for the non executive staff to enforce. 

Welcome home.  Thanks for the updates whilst you were away.  I decided to fill out the survey I was sent by Tui about my holiday (the one I didn't have!).  Most of it was N/A of course but I made my feelings known about how the situation was handled (or not) on your cruise.  I suspect the Christmas cruise was similar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

My Goddaughter and I intend to have as much fun as we can whilst maintaining a social distance from our fellow travellers.  We'll choose a quiet bar for a drink, buffet or MDR tables away from others where possible and be masked whenever we are not actually eating or drinking.

However, if I do see people obviously flouting safety rules I will report it to an officer rather than a regular crew member.  I do understand that waiters and the like are not keen to upset passengers and try to avoid confrontation but in the current situation, surely the cruise line needs to take responsibility for the health of us all.......passengers and crew members.

Incidentally,  on previous cruises on different lines with good (included) internet I have posted Live From blogs.  If I can use the 4G on my phone whilst ashore I may write an Almost Live Blog on here, if there seems to be enough interest.  As I haven't sailed Marella before, I'm not  sure how many CC members there are who read these posts.

Have a great cruise.  I will definitely read your reports from the cruise if you are able to do them.

• Like 1