Ultra Spacious Rooms- 6 people experience??

aac1623

On 1/3/2022 at 9:02 PM, aac1623 said:

Hello, we are a family of 6 (hubby, me, 4 kids) and wondering if we can book the ultra spacious rooms for 6 people instead of booking two rooms? I assume I will have to call in vs booking online but wondering anyone's experience with it and how the pricing works if you have done it before? Is it charged like the first two or second two? Hubby and I have cruised before but always left the kids home lol.

Hi, We are a family of 5 and have used the ultra spacious rooms most times. We started using them when the kids were babies and it was brilliant for the extra space for the cot. The bunk beds are separated from the main part of the rooms with a curtain or door (depends on ship) and allows children to sleep while we were awake in the main part of the cabin. 

I know people go on about having 1 bathroom but to us it really made little difference. Sometimes I wonder how people on cruise critic spend their holidays when they need two bathrooms. How long can showers and a bio break take!!??

I have looked in the past at connecting rooms but I've never been able to get 2 cabins for cheaper than the price of an ultra spacious. That maybe something to do with pricing outside of the US (we're in Ireland). We have no flexibility in booking so there is no such thing as repricing or refundable deposits. 

With young children, rooms which aren't connecting wouldn't be an option. Our experience is that pricing for guests 3, 4 and 5 is the same (unless there is some promo running). You do need to call to book but you can normally see availability by putting in 4 guests in the web site. There are three different types of ultra spacious that I am aware of - balcony (only on Oasis class), ocean view (the most common) and promenade view (I think these are only on Freedom class). The balcony tend to sell out very quickly and numbers are limited of all types. 

I will qualify this with the following; as our kids get older (the youngest is now 6) we will look at options which give us all more space and privacy. A little off topic but when they were younger I loved being able to lie in bed myself and listen to them breathing gently while they slept. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:26 PM, hancock said:

As the grandmother of two little boys....A 9 month old should be in a pack -n-play.  They need to be in confined area to keep out of trouble.

Ar people actually bringing infants, that don’t have much of n immune system, on. Ship right now? 

19 hours ago, Painter4me said:

Ar people actually bringing infants, that don’t have much of n immune system, on. Ship right now? 

Yes.  We saw several on our December 26th Oasis sailing.  I wouldn't have felt comfortable bringing an infant, but each parent makes their own parenting decisions.