Excursion

jimbo1683

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They do not show up on the app.  Just one more shortcoming of the app!

Ive had no problems with the app at all apart from this flaw, i don't really understand why so many people have so many problems with it, it seems good to me so far

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Ive had no problems with the app at all apart from this flaw, i don't really understand why so many people have so many problems with it, it seems good to me so far

That is the most amusing thing I have read all day.

It was years ago, on our first elite cruise.  A warm weather 28 days.  We were looking forward to this perk and read the dos and donts on this board.  First 3 weeks were perfect, except for placement of the very sticky number tag on your clothing.  It was nearing the end of the cruise so out went lots of clothing worn on tours.  We took the photo, filled out the form, took a photo of the form and neatly placed the clothing in the white bag, labeled it and photographed that too.  Off it went but when it came back we got someone else’s items (Socks & underwear).  Gave all those back to our steward with a look at our photo of missing items.  He searched for two days and sent up a senior manager or supervisor.  We learned we had two choices once we completed the claim loss (1) purchase lost items and submit our claim form with receipt for the reimbursement (2) estimate cost of loss, submit with claim and wait for reimbursement.  We did #1 and did as told, received a check in the mail a few months later.  We now mostly use the self service and do our own laundry.  I would love for princess to reverse the token or swipe charge.  I hope you are able to resolve your suit issue with ease and 100% satisfaction.

Edited by grandsmack

50 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

I have not had any real problems with the app as well and love it. Does that mean it works every time I do everything with never anything that doesn’t work? No. For the most part it’s done everything I’ve wanted it to do 95% of the time. When it doesn’t do what I want, I log out and log back in and it works. Do I experience Excel crashes regularly. Yes. I live with it. Excel makes my life my easier than when Excel didn’t exist. Did I have problems with my iPad disconnecting from my network yesterday? Yes, so I turned it off and back on and poof, I didn’t have that problem anymore. Is it normal to have problems with hardware/software? Yes, IMHO.  I get that some have had major problems, but for those of us who haven’t and love the app, shouldn’t people accept that it’s possible AND we use it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coopco said:

I have not had any real problems with the app as well and love it. Does that mean it works every time I do everything with never anything that doesn’t work? No. For the most part it’s done everything I’ve wanted it to do 95% of the time. When it doesn’t do what I want, I log out and log back in and it works. Do I experience Excel crashes regularly. Yes. I live with it. Excel makes my life my easier than when Excel didn’t exist. Did I have problems with my iPad disconnecting from my network yesterday? Yes, so I turned it off and back on and poof, I didn’t have that problem anymore. Is it normal to have problems with hardware/software? Yes, IMHO.  I get that some have had major problems, but for those of us who haven’t and love the app, shouldn’t people accept that it’s possible AND we use it?

I concur, we had very few issues with the app on our 10 day cruise last month. The most notable issue was an incorrect time listed in JourneyView for Bingo and we arrived 1/2 hour late (oh well, we saved that money! And the time was correct on the paper Patter).  Overall I was pleased with the app. Now I have read, and truly believe, the posts from some who have had a horrible experience. It does seem if your account gets 'messed up' in the system it can be very hard for the staff onboard to fix. 

Edited by Buckeye10640