Liberty down to $479!!!

LUCY55

Good price--$479 for 6-day Western guarantee 1A--Springbreak March 26. I don't think this cruise is filling up fast enough and have watched some prices go down. As it gets closer to sailing there seems to be better deals on the lower category rooms--insides and oceanviews. Balconies are not lower and suites are sold out. This is a resident discount. My thinking is that here in Chicago one can't get good airline tickets anymore for springbreak however Carnival is promoting cruises for us by dropping prices. Price drop doesn't help us--have specific rooms including a balcony.

I know! I am on this cruise and have noticed that there are many rooms left. I was kind of surprised, but, this is my first cruise, so, I didn't really know what to expect. I thought the end of March was a peak time and that this cruise would fill up quickly! Guess I was wrong.

Good price--$479 for 6-day Western guarantee 1A--Springbreak March 26. I don't think this cruise is filling up fast enough and have watched some prices go down. As it gets closer to sailing there seems to be better deals on the lower category rooms--insides and oceanviews. Balconies are not lower and suites are sold out. This is a resident discount. My thinking is that here in Chicago one can't get good airline tickets anymore for springbreak however Carnival is promoting cruises for us by dropping prices. Price drop doesn't help us--have specific rooms including a balcony.

I would still call and see. Even with specific rooms they should do something for you. My brother got a free upgrade from o/v specific room to balcony yesterday on the Destiny in March.

Tell you one thing--I would have been P.O.ed if I had paid the first prices I saw on the Liberty. Luckily, I did find out about the resident discount on a major travel site (o....z.com). Travel agent had to match the price-not that she would have told me!!!!! Maybe this new price drop would save some (under $80) on the inside room I have booked. After final payment I am not going to ask for an adjustment-figure I would just look cheap!!! Actually, I am cheap LOL-- just don't like to be embarrased.

Here is my question--I have two rooms across the hall (one inside and one balcony) on the Empress deck. The balcony has gone up in price and the inside room has gone down. Do you think I could get some kind of adjustment for the inside room? I booked these rooms so I could be across the hall from my teenage sons and the empress deck is quieter.

Is the resident special for NY just on this sailing or is it on all the Liberty sailing as I have one booked but not until next April 2007. It never hurts to ask, and how do you know where to find the residency specials, my TA does not have them on his website that I can see. Thanks Linda

Here is my question--I have two rooms across the hall (one inside and one balcony) on the Empress deck. The balcony has gone up in price and the inside room has gone down. Do you think I could get some kind of adjustment for the inside room? I booked these rooms so I could be across the hall from my teenage sons and the empress deck is quieter.

if you are comparing the inside cabin to the category you booked and the price did indeed come down. (remember carnival web page does not reflect government taxes which is about 58 bucks for a 6 dy cruise)

you should always callt he agent when you see any descrepincy in prices.. hey-- a few bucks could buy me stuff on the ship

Spring break is late this year for a lot of K-12 students (Easter is 4/16). Most college students already have plans which might explain the price drop.

mfs2k, you are so right!!! Only some sites reflect the resident discount. Makes it difficult to compare pricing. Also I looked at my bill from the travel agent and she has all fees lumped together--cruise fare + port charges, taxes and fees, and insurance. Makes it even more difficult to see what I paid for this cruise. I also think that the original taxes and fees were $52 and now the same site shows $62. It doesn't matter to me--if I re-price the inner room on current availability I get $56 less. I am not going to do anything because the balcony room is now much higher. Oh well, I was O.K. with the price when I booked it--so be it!! I also did fairly well on the airline tickets for 4 people and now they are sky high.

serene56, Carnival has no place to enter you zip code. So I assume their site doesn't show resident discounts. The resident discount is $100 per person for the lowest category.

They do have you put closest airport though, even if you don't want their airfare.

Archived