Cruise with Confidence

crimsonbird

If one cancels using  Princess cruise with confidence...do you receive the princess protection monies as a FCC.  Anyone know?  Having trouble reaching princess to cancel our February cruise.  Suggestions on how to do that will be appreciated.   

14 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

If one cancels using  Princess cruise with confidence...do you receive the princess protection monies as a FCC.  Anyone know?  Having trouble reaching princess to cancel our February cruise.  Suggestions on how to do that will be appreciated.   

We have same question for our Feb 19 cruise,

Yes, FCC according to Book with Confidence 

Cancel up to 30 days before you sail and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit.

Applies to voyages departing through April 30, 2022.

Applies to bookings made through February 28, 2022.

It also says FCC can take up to 60 Days to process. 

Be sure to cancel 30 plus days before sail date. Within 30 days you can cancel if someone in immediate party tests positive.

BTW I am thinking of rescheduling to a future date, not sure if this is any different from cancelling and later rebooking with FCC.

Edited by Tedferg

26 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

I contacted Princess via the chat feature yesterday to inquire canceling using the Book with Confidence plan  and the refunding of Princess insurance. Per Brigette, 100% of cruise expense, including the cost of Princess insurance is refunded.  Some as FCC some back to original form of payment.  If you hear differently please let me know as  I have to cancel within the next few days to be within the 30 time frame 

My experience over the past three days of contacting/attempting to contact Princess is patience, patience, patience and a huge dose of extreme tolerance for annoying music on repeat that you will have to listen to over and over whilst you sit on hold for up to 2 hours or more waiting to speak to an agent.   Then, cross your fingers and toes and pray to all the gods possible they don't have to transfer you to another department for resolution or assistance because the entire process starts over again.  I was VERY ready for my extra, extra-large G & T by the time it was done and am considering having one before I start again today because things are still not resolved.  Sure glad I'm retired and don't have anything else to do with my time 😁