Snorkeling at Half Moon Bay Roatan off the beach and how to get there from the cruise port

consmatt

On 1/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, consmatt said:

There does not seem to have a lot of information on Half Moon Bay and how to get there from the cruise port. Also, are there chairs or beach clubs you can snorkel from like West Bay Beach?

Once upon a time there was a restaurant called Ginger's to the left of Half Moon Bay when looking at the water. I am not sure if it is still there or if it has changed names. They used to offer loungers and had a bit of the bay buoyed off for swimmers. 

There was a time Sundowners offer loungers on Half Moon Bay. 

I do not think either one of these places offer transport but you could contact them and ask, they might give you the name of a reliable taxi driver. 

Otherwise, you are taking your chances with a taxi outside the port. 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of years ago we hired a driver through Victor Bodden.  He calls it his “Best of” package. Basically you can go wherever you want.  We told her we wanted to snorkel Half Moon Bay and she took us to a place where we could use some chairs and there were stairs to the water.  I don’t know what it was called but it was on the right side of the bay as you face the water.  We snorkeled the bay for a few hours and when it was time for lunch we asked her to take us someplace she recommended.  It turned out to be an excellent day spent in West End village.  

https://www.boddentours.com

On 1/16/2022 at 6:49 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

Couple of years ago we hired a driver through Victor Bodden.  He calls it his “Best of” package. Basically you can go wherever you want.  We told her we wanted to snorkel Half Moon Bay and she took us to a place where we could use some chairs and there were stairs to the water.  I don’t know what it was called but it was on the right side of the bay as you face the water.  We snorkeled the bay for a few hours and when it was time for lunch we asked her to take us someplace she recommended.  It turned out to be an excellent day spent in West End village.  

https://www.boddentours.com

Perhaps Half Moon Resort....no beach but a stairs to the water,  and the restaurant has a huge deck over the water.   I have oftentimes dropped by for lunch and read on the deck til sunset.