I THINK WE ARE CANCELING OUR CRUISE!!

mlang

On 1/9/2022 at 8:10 AM, steverenee said:

We're on Symphony January 29 and aren't sure what we are doing.

Based on the amount of people on the Symphony 1/29 roll call, I think there is going to be a lot of people on that cruise.

I switched to 3/6/22 Oasis of the seas cruise, plus they have Port side BBQ on the Oasis. I wanted one of the larger ship but less people so I’m happy with this switch.

RCL messed up my reservation, after 4 calls still not sure if issue is fixed.

22 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Based on the amount of people on the Symphony 1/29 roll call, I think there is going to be a lot of people on that cruise.

I switched to 3/6/22 Oasis of the seas cruise, plus they have Port side BBQ on the Oasis. I wanted one of the larger ship but less people so I’m happy with this switch.

RCL messed up my reservation, after 4 calls still not sure if issue is fixed.

We are also on the 3/6 Oasis.  I found it interesting that RC took the 2/13, 2/20 and 2/27 cruises off of the RC site (they don't appear for booking - just 2/6 does for February).  I'm not sure if they're just restricting reservations or not. 

1/23 & 1/30 appear - but not 1/16.  (1/16, I'd definitely guess they are restricting bookings.) 

Someone on the 2/2 cruise said they were told just under 5% tested positive.  No clue how much of that was passengers vs crew - I'd guess primarily crew.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:52 AM, mlang said:

We are booked Anthem Jan. 31, but will probably cancel because of Covid.  It just doesn't feel safe to go. Anyone else ,canceling?

Canceled 2 cruises after our disappointing Symphony Christmas cruise. Give them 6 months to get crew healthy again.

• Like 1

I encourage all folks who are uncomfortable with travel, scared (LOL) of quarantine, will not be happy if shows/events are cancelled, don't want to follow protocols, have kids with them, upset if a port is missed, or think the experience is diluted... to cancel. Especially if you are sailing on any of the dates listed in my signature. Thanks in advance. 👍 

• Haha 2

I had one test kit left that was going to expire on 1/5 so I went ahead and took it. It's positive, so since that's in the 14 day window I went ahead and cancelled out 1/17 Adventure OTS cruise 😞

HOPEFULLY, things will settle down before we sail on Grandeur OTS in May.

Hope anyone still on AOTS has a great time and stays well.

8 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Canceled 2 cruises after our disappointing Symphony Christmas cruise. Give them 6 months to get crew healthy again.

That is pretty much exactly how I felt/feel after our disappointing Dec Allure cruise....give it 6 months.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, Jimbo said:

Bad luck huh, you just missed a free cruise for the 1/8/22 cancellation cruise by Royal.

That's why, if we cancel, we're waiting until the last possible day before canceling our Norwegian 2/2 cruise - January 31.    Of course, they canceled the Getaway 1/5 cruise on January 4.