Masks for Staff

Have been on 4 cruises in the past few months.  The staff all have been wearing cloth masks, as opposed to now CDC suggested KN95, or N95 masks for the best type of protection against COVID.  Why haven't the cruise lines provided their staff with these, or have they changed over in the past few weeks?  A bartender I spoke with on our last Celebrity cruise told me that he had the same mask for the past 4 months, and he wears it all day, and washes it when he returns to his cabin.  Not good....Cruise Lines should be doing a better job with their masking for the Crew, and their Customer Base!

I was also shocked when I saw it past summer. Here it is not about Save the Waves, those masks give a minimum protection if at all. Also, I have no clue how often the staff members changed them and if the masks were properly worn. All their bla bla health protocol masterplan they created and then such a stupid staff policy by providing them with cloth masks, well done RCL Group once again... Not.

25 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

Have been on 4 cruises in the past few months.  The staff all have been wearing cloth masks, as opposed to now CDC suggested KN95, or N95 masks for the best type of protection against COVID.  Why haven't the cruise lines provided their staff with these, or have they changed over in the past few weeks?  A bartender I spoke with on our last Celebrity cruise told me that he had the same mask for the past 4 months, and he wears it all day, and washes it when he returns to his cabin.  Not good....Cruise Lines should be doing a better job with their masking for the Crew, and their Customer Base!

A good read from USA Today on Masks....

COVID mask guide: As omicron surges, N95 and KN95 are safer than cloth (usatoday.com)

On Indy now!  Staff are double masked, starting with a KN95 and then a dark blue “Royal” issued surgical mask over that.  

We’ve been on five cruises on four different ships since September.  Crew has worn the “Royal” issued dark blue surgical masks on all of them.

• Like 3