On Board Breakaway 01/09/2022

NCLGirl2013

Testing is done at the hotel directly across from the Terminal on Convention center Blvd. I was on the breakaway in December and Testing was easy and fast...get there early. I am on the BReakaway again March 6th and look forward to her again. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WuShock said:

On NCL Breakaway 1-16-22 - can you please clarify where you go first for checkin - port or covid testing site?  Many thanks.

From what I understand you can go to either one first. We are going to covid test first as we are staying just down the street and if any of us are positive then we don't have our luggage held hostage. After testing we will then grab our last beignets and head to check in. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Testing is done at the hotel directly across from the Terminal on Convention center Blvd. I was on the breakaway in December and Testing was easy and fast...get there early. I am on the BReakaway again March 6th and look forward to her again. 

When you arrive at the port, you can drop off your luggage with the porters.  Then you can walk to the hotel to get your Covid test.  After you receive your negative test result and red bracelet, you can walk back to the terminal and check in for your cruise.  (This was the process for our 1128/01 b2B sailing)

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 11.03.52 AM.png

• Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 7:29 PM, NCLGirl2013 said:

Just wanted to give a shout out because I have been reading so much negative stuff about NCL and cruising these last few weeks. We boarded in New Orlenas today and it has been nothing short of FANTASTIC! COVID testing took us 17 minutes start to getting our results. 9:22 AM To text at 9:39AM. The staff has been SO attentive and wonderful. I have zero complaints about anything for this entire day. 

I am on the same cruise; it’s Wednesday now, and I can confirm what NCLGirl says. It’s a well above average cruise. More as we go along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:35 AM, Travelicious said:

I hope you will let us know if there are port cancelations.  All of the reports we've been hearing over the last couple of weeks have not been on this itinerary.  Thanks!

So far, the first two ports of call were right on schedule. Some showers this morning at Roatan, but the clouds have moved away, and it’s about 80 degrees. >95% of people masked at Cozumel. I’m just staying away from unmasked people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jetact said:

From what I understand you can go to either one first. We are going to covid test first as we are staying just down the street and if any of us are positive then we don't have our luggage held hostage. After testing we will then grab our last beignets and head to check in. 

This strategy might work, although we didn’t try it. I like that thinking, though) Sheila77’s map above looks quit good. From the terminal waiting area, walk across the RR tracks, proceed one block ( on the left side of the street) across the face of the Convention Center, cross the street and go about 30 yards to the left. You enter the back of a hotel. NCL personnel will guide you. They also have a shuttle for those that need it, but the walk is quite easy. Our total time at that location was less than 30 minutes.

YMMV on any other week.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jeffw67 said:

We are on the Breakaway Jan 30th Thanks for the info! Any changes to entertainment or ports?

Ports, no changes so far. I suppose this could change at any time.

I didn’t schedule any of the evening entertainment, but my understanding is that there are some cancellations. With the way vaccinated people are contracting COVID, it appears to be the biggest “last minute” change that could happen with any cruise. A show that is canceled this week could be back next week and vice versa

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oli3 said:

I am on the same cruise; it’s Wednesday now, and I can confirm what NCLGirl says. It’s a well above average cruise. More as we go along.

Would love to hear more since I’m on that ship on 1/16 as long as my traveling companion doesn’t test positive. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mssandora said:

Would love to hear more since I’m on that ship on 1/16 as long as my traveling companion doesn’t test positive. 

Breakaway Cruises cancelled through and including 1/23….

Edited by RYMOMA

5 minutes ago, darienill said:

Where did you hear that?

We all got an email

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are working to navigate the fluid public health environment while delivering a safe and healthy onboard experience. Today, as a result of COVID-related circumstances, we decided to cancel Norwegian Breakaway cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 23, 2022.

20 hours ago, mssandora said:

No trip for all of us on the 16th

We are working to navigate the fluid public health environment while delivering a safe and healthy onboard experience. Today, as a result of COVID-related circumstances, we decided to cancel Norwegian Breakaway cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 23, 2022.

29 minutes ago, jetact said:

No trip for all of us on the 16th

Yep. Just got the letter. 

We just got back online today! So overall this was the BEST cruise we have ever been on (DH says with the exception of the very first one). There were absolutely no lines for anything. Ever. Even at the pool deck. We never had to look more than 2-3 minutes for a pool chair. We walked into every show (no cancelations for anything we had planned!), every restaurant with zero reservations at any time. All the ports were good to go and absolutely amazing! This is the 2nd time we have done this exact same cruise ports before in Dec 2019 (our last cruise before the shut down) and this time we think was so much better and so much more fun for us. 

Yes masks were required everywhere inside but it was no big deal AT ALL for us or it looked like anyone else on board as we saw 95% of people always being compliant in wearing it when not at a table or bar or outside. The service was absolutely top notch!!! Far beyond what we have experienced before and we have had really good service before. We got a free upgrade at check in because our original room had a maintenance issue so we got a Club Balcony upgrade. I would say though. I don't think it would be worth paying more for the Club over a regular balcony if we had to pay out right for it. We had an absolute blast the entire cruise and at every port. Even though Honduras started pouring down rain later on in the afternoon but that was okay. We had a private tour guide that asked if since it was raining if we wanted to go to a bar he usually goes to when he's on that side of the island and we agreed and he took us over to a bar we throughly enjoyed along with the chocolate factory and rum factory 😉 we heard not even a whisper of anyone having COVID onboard. We made friends with a lot of other groups our age and if anyone was going to catch it, it probably would have been us 😂 😅  We were in absolute shock of how easy COVID testing was (I looked at my watch. We entered the line at 9:13, got COVID tested at 9:22, had our results at 9:39. Easy peasy) We parked at Fulton garage for the week (pre booked it online and pre paid) and it was a short walk from there to the Marriott for COVID testing. Then we walked back to the garage and got our luggage out of our car and rode the complimentary shuttle from Fulton to the cruise port. We walked right in and through security with no line at all. There was 3 people in front of us for check in so it took MAYBE 10 minutes total. We then waited on boarding groups to be called which took probably the longest but still only 26 minutes from the time we sat down to the time our group was called. We got on board and our check in for the safety stuff was at the Atrium so we got a couple cocktails and settled in for a little while then realized you didn't really have to stay there after you checked in (no video or anything shown as you should have watched it beforehand) we still stayed and had a few more cocktails 🍹 then we took the couple bags we had carried on to our room and enjoyed the rest of the best cruise ever! 

Side note: I fell down a flight of stairs outside on the very last afternoon of the very last day and had to go to the medical center to get X rays and such done. I sprained my ankle and broke a bone in my foot, and STILL think this was the best cruise ever if that tells you something 😂

We have ZERO complaints about our entire week. We would do it again in a heartbeat if we could. 

• Like 10

On 1/9/2022 at 7:58 PM, beerman2 said:

It’s not over yet, only day 1. Things can can in a heart beat. It’s a sign of the times.

Hopefully it stays wonderful.

No changes from the very beginning! Absolutely wonderful from start to finish! 😁

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, KermitClin said:

So glad to hear this! We'll be on the Breakaway in a few weeks and hope to hear more positive experiences to ease our concerns. Have a great cruise!

If you're cruise was not one of the ones cancelled,  I absolutely suggest going! The reduced capacity and no kids and level of service made it absolutely incredible!

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, aimee0715 said:

We'll be on Breakaway on January 30.  Can you tell me where they do the Covid testing?  I thought I saw on one of the posts here on CC that it's done at a hotel adjacent to the port.  Also, can you tell me if the thermal suite in the spa is open?  My friend and I have our spa passes.  This is probably the thing we are looking forward to the most.  

It is at a Marriott right around the corner from Fulton Garage which I highly recommended parking at as it was a really quick and simple walk from the garage to the COVID testing facility and then back to the garage to grab luggage and ride the shuttle to the port 

12 minutes ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

We just got back online today! So overall this was the BEST cruise we have ever been on (DH says with the exception of the very first one). There were absolutely no lines for anything. Ever. Even at the pool deck. We never had to look more than 2-3 minutes for a pool chair. We walked into every show (no cancelations for anything we had planned!), every restaurant with zero reservations at any time. All the ports were good to go and absolutely amazing! This is the 2nd time we have done this exact same cruise ports before in Dec 2019 (our last cruise before the shut down) and this time we think was so much better and so much more fun for us. 

Yes masks were required everywhere inside but it was no big deal AT ALL for us or it looked like anyone else on board as we saw 95% of people always being compliant in wearing it when not at a table or bar or outside. The service was absolutely top notch!!! Far beyond what we have experienced before and we have had really good service before. We got a free upgrade at check in because our original room had a maintenance issue so we got a Club Balcony upgrade. I would say though. I don't think it would be worth paying more for the Club over a regular balcony if we had to pay out right for it. We had an absolute blast the entire cruise and at every port. Even though Honduras started pouring down rain later on in the afternoon but that was okay. We had a private tour guide that asked if since it was raining if we wanted to go to a bar he usually goes to when he's on that side of the island and we agreed and he took us over to a bar we throughly enjoyed along with the chocolate factory and rum factory 😉 we heard not even a whisper of anyone having COVID onboard. We made friends with a lot of other groups our age and if anyone was going to catch it, it probably would have been us 😂 😅  We were in absolute shock of how easy COVID testing was (I looked at my watch. We entered the line at 9:13, got COVID tested at 9:22, had our results at 9:39. Easy peasy) We parked at Fulton garage for the week (pre booked it online and pre paid) and it was a short walk from there to the Marriott for COVID testing. Then we walked back to the garage and got our luggage out of our car and rode the complimentary shuttle from Fulton to the cruise port. We walked right in and through security with no line at all. There was 3 people in front of us for check in so it took MAYBE 10 minutes total. We then waited on boarding groups to be called which took probably the longest but still only 26 minutes from the time we sat down to the time our group was called. We got on board and our check in for the safety stuff was at the Atrium so we got a couple cocktails and settled in for a little while then realized you didn't really have to stay there after you checked in (no video or anything shown as you should have watched it beforehand) we still stayed and had a few more cocktails 🍹 then we took the couple bags we had carried on to our room and enjoyed the rest of the best cruise ever! 

Side note: I fell down a flight of stairs outside on the very last afternoon of the very last day and had to go to the medical center to get X rays and such done. I sprained my ankle and broke a bone in my foot, and STILL think this was the best cruise ever if that tells you something 😂

We have ZERO complaints about our entire week. We would do it again in a heartbeat if we could. 

Glad to hear you had an amazing cruise.  Bummer to read about your accident on the last day but it is refreshing that you have such a great attitude despite that.   Your overall cruise experience was very similar to ours when we were on the Breakaway the first part of Dec last year,  without the sprained ankle and the broken bone in your foot.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

We just got back online today! So overall this was the BEST cruise we have ever been on 

<snip>

Welcome home and thanks for the report. I was supposed to board Jan 16 but the cruise was cancelled. 😢

Sorry about your accident. Hope you heal quickly. 

• Thanks 1