What Happens?

Pamw31

We are scheduled to be on the Tokyo to Hong Kong segment, March 19. It is part of the ATW trip on the Insignia.  However, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong are all closed. Does Oceania just sub in open ports?  

37 minutes ago, Pamw31 said:

We are scheduled to be on the Tokyo to Hong Kong segment, March 19. It is part of the ATW trip on the Insignia.  However, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong are all closed. Does Oceania just sub in open ports?  

You may want to review this thread from ”day 1” to get a sense of what is going on.

11 hours ago, Pamw31 said:

I completely understand your question, we are in the same boat on this.

I asked Oceania the same thing and this is their answer.

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are closely monitoring the evolving global public health environment and to the extent any itineraries are affected, we will notify impacted guests in a timely fashion and update our booking requirements. Additional travel restrictions for certain nationalities or countries may arise based on the quickly evolving public health environment. All guests are strongly advised to monitor current travel requirements and advisories for their home countries, as well as regularly visiting our website https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health. 

Communication will be sent to all booked Guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail, to share the latest requirements for each departure port along with updates to health and safety protocols.

As it stands, the cruise you have booked from Tokyo to Hong Kong is currently maintained and any future information regarding cancellation or itinerary change will be sent directly to your travel agent. While I entirely understand your worries, the world situation is fast evolving and advising any information regarding travel regulations would not be beneficial at this stage.

I hope this helps to reassure you.

Kind Regards, ‘

Needless to say this did not reassure me but seeing as many many other ports preceding ours are also closed to all tourists I am still wondering how Oceania will solve this.

My TA did inform me that if we are unable to travel to an embarking/disembarking port we will be allowed to cancel. That said still hangin in there as we want to do this cruise.

I would suggest you also login to the RTW cruise so you will probably get updates from passengers in realtime so to speak. Wanted to select it but CC is on the blink and can’t copy to paste this so will post that below.

Rosalyn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

My TA did inform me that if we are unable to travel to an embarking/disembarking port we will be allowed to cancel. 

FWIW: O SailSafe FAQ.

Will
I be issued a refund if I am denied entry to the country where the voyage originates (port of embarkation)?
If guests, members of their parties, and others traveling with them are denied entry due to a positive COVID-19 test within 2 weeks of their sail date, they will be entitled to either a refund or a Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) for the amount paid. All refund requests must be made within six months of the date guests are denied entry to the country, or they will be entitled to a Future Cruise Credit. To apply for a refund, please contact our Guest Relations Department. If a guest is denied entry due to non-compliance with travel requirements and/or health and safety protocols, a refund will not be provided.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1