International guest quarantine after the cruise... $$$ Question

Pedro2400

On 1/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, Cruising from Mississauga said:

Hi, I received an email from Celebrity stating that testing would now be done in the terminal after disembarkation; I believe this is to avoid honouring their commitment to paying for a quarantine hotel and making the guest the responsibility of the local authorities. I posted this information on a separate thread as well. 

From people that have been tested positive at the terminal, they had the choice of organising their quarantine stay within the allotted price limit, or could join guests that were being transferred to quarantine having already spent time in quarantine on board. Celebrity still paid for the quarantine. I believe that Celebrity does not carry sufficient test kits on board to be able to continue offering the testing on board. 

I’ve seen the Celebrity notice that says they will cover the quarantine hotel for up to $150/night (previously $350/night) and meals for $100.00/night pp.  Where does it say that they will only cover it for 5 days?  I’ve never seen that.  If it’s in print, can you please copy it here … or attach a link?  Please & thank you. 

Hi Guys, This is the information that my travel agent shared with me. She received this email from Celebrity Area Sales Manager here in Toronto. ( Canada)

Here is some information to keep you in the know.

COVID ASSISTANCE: A lot of you asked for the per diem rates covered by Covid Assistance for sailings up to April 30, 2022. In the rare circumstance a client tests positive after the pier side testing, Covid Assistance will cover:
Hotel: 150 usd per night for hotel
Meals: $100 USD pp per day
Air: $400 USD pp total for air change fees or new flight.
The maximum duration Celebrity will cover is 5 nights, this is due to CDC requirements as we are sailing from the USA.
Receipts can be sent in for re-imbursement with positive test from pier.
Recommended: All clients should pre-purchase Manulife covid insurance or something similar that would give additional protection for hotel, meals & air and the extra 5 days they may need of isolation before flying back to Canada. One option is to fly to nearby USA city (ex Buffalo/ Windsor) after 5 days of isolation. You can cross the land border with a positive test with no issue as long as you head home to quarantine the remaining time. Clients can likely find one way air for example to Buffalo/ Windsor for less than $400 usd and get re-imbursed. When flying into Canada, no new testing is required, you can show a positive test that is 10 days old.
Mandatory Isolation as per Canada:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation?fbclid=IwAR3BySmlJFT-EnW8tr2NqLeePmOQtleuaTwwb1Z55mnSgU9lmqYuJGDtvbw
Note: I have been told Manulife covers $200 cad pp per night for hotel if quarantine is required.
Website: https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/health-and-safety
If a client tests positive onboard, they are covered as well but there is more protocols including isolation in an oceanview room near medical center, debarkation and transfer in full PPE to specific quarantine hotel.
No setting can be immune from COVID-19 – however, cruise provides one of the highest levels of demonstrated mitigation against the virus.
Cruise ships offer a highly controlled environment with science-backed measures, testing, and vaccination levels far above other modes of transportation and travel – and significantly lower incidence rates than on land. Cruise industry protocols encompass the entirety of the cruise experience, incorporating testing, vaccination, screening, sanitation, mask-wearing, and other science backed measures.
The number of COVID cases identified on cruise ships consistently make up a very slim minority of the total population onboard—far fewer than on land—and the majority of those cases are asymptomatic or mild in nature, posing little to no burden on medical resources onboard or onshore. The Royal Caribbean Group has carried 1.1 million guests with 1,745 people testing positive – a positivity rate of 0.162%.