HAL web site functions

nocl

Just booked my first cruise since the shutdown on HAL.  The web site seems very limited compared to Princess. Which is interesting since they share a lot of the same back office.

Is there anyway to get the system to display your cruise summary, basically the information that they e-mail in the booking confirmation?

Unfortunately they did not send me a copy of an updated booking confirmation when I corrected some problems with the booking. (some things that the system displayed when I booked, like the actual room, the FCC application, etc, were wrong in the booking confirmation).  When I called the  first thing the person said was yes our online system is not working right.  They made all of the corrections but did not send me an updated  booking confirmation.

4 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I would ask for a new confirmation PDF to be sent. I know my TA does it every time there is a change in the info on the confirmation.

That is the conclusion I came to but I thought I would ask to see if I missed anything.  Another period of waiting on hold.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nocl said:

Just booked my first cruise since the shutdown on HAL.  The web site seems very limited compared to Princess. Which is interesting since they share a lot of the same back office.

Is there anyway to get the system to display your cruise summary, basically the information that they e-mail in the booking confirmation?

Unfortunately they did not send me a copy of an updated booking confirmation when I corrected some problems with the booking. (some things that the system displayed when I booked, like the actual room, the FCC application, etc, were wrong in the booking confirmation).  When I called the  first thing the person said was yes our online system is not working right.  They made all of the corrections but did not send me an updated  booking confirmation.

Getting the PDF is really the only good option. You can see a lot of the same information across a bunch of different screens but it really won't be the same. Chat has been pretty responsive lately and I was able to get through on the phone under new booking option when the existing booking line told me they were too busy and to try back later. If you go to make a payment you can see what you owe/payment schedules, and if you click on your confirmation number you can go and get the itinerary, etc. but it really will be better to get the confirmation. 

Thank you for the responses. 

Basically the initial sheet they sent me indicated guarantee so I straightened that out and just wanted to make sure I have a full printable sheet with both the proper room and all of the inclusions. I did get them to send me another copy.

Was surprised that they do not have that summary easily available on the web site.

I say that I MIGHT cheat when I call HAL, clicking the phone option saying I'm ready to book a new reservation.  It MIGHT get you to a reservationist/human faster than waiting on hold (after selecting that you're already booked--they have no incentive to answer the phone quickly since you've already committed. . . .)  I (might) do this only if it is a straight-forward request, but I (may) have not had a problem getting the info I need. 

Also, if you booked through a TA, the TA is the one who sends the confirmation PDF you are requesting, in case.

Edited by 12cruise2