Changing rooms once onboard/FCC usage?

canyoncam

Back story on this one is I booked a room for myself and Aunt to share back in 2019 for May 2020. I paid for the whole thing minus her taxes and gratuities. Through a few more cancellations and FCC we again booked for May of this year. Each rebooking I paid the slightly extra cost on top of our 125% credit-going from an inside room on the Liberty to deluxe balcony on Harmony. Aunt has since divorced her previous husband (he never travelled with her) and now has a new boyfriend who has decided he'd like to sail. Rather than loose my money that I've received with the extra 125% credit and initial payouts, I would like to keep her booked in my room and have her or her new boyfriend pay the extra cost of having a solo room. I would like it to be easy to see what the price is they truly owe. Thus keeping her listed in my room using our FCC and then booking him solo. Another thing would be the drink package. She definitely needs it as she doesn't stop drinking some nights. He isn't much of a drinker. I can break even on the package. If we bought the package for me and her as booked in the room together he would not need to buy it, but would they make him onboard? Would hers follow her?

I believe it would still be easy to change guests once onboard, I've done it several times. Never had the drink package in this situation. Unless anyone has any other suggestions as to how to go about this? Another thing is the cost of the cruise has gone up roughly 20% since I booked for my Aunt and I so I'd like to keep our rate. 

I’d keep her booked in your cabin and let him book a solo cabin.  She can stay with him if she wants to.

If they happen to break up before the cruise, you and your aunt are still booked in your cabin.

43 minutes ago, D4 said:

If they happen to break up before the cruise, you and your aunt are still booked in your cabin.

I hope not, probably my only chance to get a balcony to  myself as I am never waiting this long to cruise again!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, canyoncam said:

I hope not, probably my only chance to get a balcony to  myself as I am never waiting this long to cruise again!!!

this makes absolutely no sense.  You are traveling with a drunken aunt who you want in your cabin, but you want a balcony to yourself??

This sounds  too complicated for Royal Caribbean to figure out given all of the FCC's. Let the boyfriend pay the solo price since someone will have to in this situation. Tell him he will get double C&A points and will be well on his way to Pinnacle.  If they break up you will be right where you started from. 

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

this makes absolutely no sense.  You are traveling with a drunken aunt who you want in your cabin, but you want a balcony to yourself??

Not at all. Love my Aunt. She is not drunken just enjoys her evening nightcaps. I will never afford a balcony as a solo again, but this has been paid for already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

This sounds  too complicated for Royal Caribbean to figure out given all of the FCC's. Let the boyfriend pay the solo price since someone will have to in this situation. Tell him he will get double C&A points and will be well on his way to Pinnacle.  If they break up you will be right where you started from. 

I forgot about the double C&A for solo booked in double occupany cabins. That would work better for me but oh well, TOO COMPLICATED is right!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canyoncam said:

Not at all. Love my Aunt. She is not drunken just enjoys her evening nightcaps. I will never afford a balcony as a solo again, but this has been paid for already.

Now I'm confused. Did you and your Aunt each book solo to begin with?  If so just add the guy to her booking.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 minutes ago, canyoncam said:

I forgot about the double C&A for solo booked in double occupany cabins. That would work better for me but oh well, TOO COMPLICATED is right!!!!

Royal Caribbean can't even process a flat out refund in a timely matter. Your cruise will be sailing without you by the time they figure it all out.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Now I'm confused. Did you and your Aunt each book solo to being with?  If so just add the guy to her booking.

No, booked together but I footed the entire cruise bill except her taxes and gratuities. I also paid any additional for each rebooking. Short story:  I bought the cruise, she was freeloading. Now her boyfriend will be paying for a new room and she will still be freeloading. No judgment needed, just stating the facts so you can understand I already paid for a solo room.

Keep your cabin as is (you and Aunt). 

1) Boyfriend books solo.

2) All board the ship; don't mention any cabin changes.

3) Have boyfriend go to guest services and ask for a "key" card.

4) Boyfriend gives key card to Aunt.  

P.S.  Make sure Aunt's on-board charges go to her (or boyfriend's) CC, not yours!

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2