Jade .. cabins for 4 / connecting cabins

room with a view

Hi , I have been looking at a Greek islands cruise from Athens in September 2022 .. every date  starting Sundays  4th/11th/25th show only cabins that hold 4 or connecting cabins available . We usually book a family cabin on deck 10 - there's just 2 of us .  

Is this a popular cruise and that is what is remaining ... or are NCL holding cabin allocations back ?      thanks 

that the cabin claims it will accomodate 4 is not indicative of your ability to book. even a balcony cabin or club balcony will say four. that just shows the maximum people allowed inthe cabin. same with connecting cabins.just means that there is a door that will connect .if you only book the one cabin.

the door is irrelevant. its just like any hotel room. there may be a door to an adjoining room, but if you dont know the people in that room, the doors stay locked.

just book the cabin you feel comfortable booking. in the past, we've often booked a club balcony (although in the past they were called mini suites)M just for my wife and i. we have even booked have penthouse suites, or 2 family suite just for the 2 of us.

hope fully this helped your choices, unless i completely misunderstood you question.

On a site that I look at to see available cabins (can't name it, it's a TA site), for Sept. 4, 2022, I see what should be an excellent BA cabin on Deck 10 --  10576  -- as well as BA cabins 9040 and 9042.   For Sept. 11, I see a number of BA cabins on Deck 10, including 10598 and 10542.   All that I've mentioned are non-connecting.   And, as @complawyer noted above, if any of the balcony cabins you'd like to book are rated to hold 3 or 4, that's irrelevant (as I assume you know if you book BFs as you said).

Is there any reason, given your stateroom preferences, you wouldn't want a BA cabin, especially on Deck 10?

Have we misunderstood your question?

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

that the cabin claims it will accomodate 4 is not indicative of your ability to book. even a balcony cabin or club balcony will say four. that just shows the maximum people allowed inthe cabin. same with connecting cabins.just means that there is a door that will connect .if you only book the one cabin.

the door is irrelevant. its just like any hotel room. there may be a door to an adjoining room, but if you dont know the people in that room, the doors stay locked.

just book the cabin you feel comfortable booking. in the past, we've often booked a club balcony (although in the past they were called mini suites)M just for my wife and i. we have even booked have penthouse suites, or 2 family suite just for the 2 of us.

hope fully this helped your choices, unless i completely misunderstood you question.

Thank you for your reply. We have sailed a few times with NCL usually the Spirit . We only once had a connecting door cabin and we didn't like it .. we also like deck 10 as there are cabins above and below so more quiet. I was on the NCL site and thought it strange that the only  balcony cabins available were 4 person or connecting . Though there would be better availability nearly 8 months before . Our last cruise was 1999/2020 so about time we started again !!! Best wishes.

8 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

On a site that I look at to see available cabins (can't name it, it's a TA site), for Sept. 4, 2022, I see what should be an excellent BA cabin on Deck 10 --  10576  -- as well as BA cabins 9040 and 9042.   For Sept. 11, I see a number of BA cabins on Deck 10, including 10598 and 10542.   All that I've mentioned are non-connecting.   And, as @complawyer noted above, if any of the balcony cabins you'd like to book are rated to hold 3 or 4, that's irrelevant (as I assume you know if you book BFs as you said).

Is there any reason, given your stateroom preferences, you wouldn't want a BA cabin, especially on Deck 10?

Have we misunderstood your question?

Thanks, Turtles06 ... now that is strange I was on the UK ,NCL site and made a list of the available cabins on the Jade for those dates and everyone was either a four bed (which usually means  fold down in the "sitting area " or a connecting .  The cruise is the one going to Santorini , Mykonos and Rhodes . We've cruised on the Spirit and always have a BA on deck 10 midships . Thanks for your reply , I'll phone NCL .. got to use my FCC from a cancelled cruise before the end of January . ... Best wishes.

39 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Thanks, Turtles06 ... now that is strange I was on the UK ,NCL site and made a list of the available cabins on the Jade for those dates and everyone was either a four bed (which usually means  fold down in the "sitting area " or a connecting .  The cruise is the one going to Santorini , Mykonos and Rhodes . We've cruised on the Spirit and always have a BA on deck 10 midships . Thanks for your reply , I'll phone NCL .. got to use my FCC from a cancelled cruise before the end of January . ... Best wishes.

You’re welcome!  When you speak to NCL, please of course confirm that the specific cabin you pick is what you want, especially non-connecting, in case there was any error in what I was looking at.  (I’m not a fan of connecting cabins either.  😊 But I’d have no problem with “sleeps four.”)

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! 

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

You’re welcome!  When you speak to NCL, please of course confirm that the specific cabin you pick is what you want, especially non-connecting, in case there was any error in what I was looking at.  (I’m not a fan of connecting cabins either.  😊 But I’d have no problem with “sleeps four.”)

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! 

Hello again .NCL confirmed 10566.10118,10546,10046,10536,10632 all 4 bed available on 25th September ... all others connect . 

On 4th September only 10618 or10132 ..latest offer ends 18th January ... thanks for your help .. I will look at the deck plans.

Best wishes