Testing 48 hours / 2 days

winty

Hi all. Off on a cruise soon. Leaving Heathrow 2 days before so need test then. My plan was to be tested at 6.30 am U.K. time to cover flight and cruise so this will be 01.30 Florida time in the morning so still 2 days. Is this going to be a problem? Do they check the time or are they just interested in the day/ date? The last thing I need is for the worry that I might be tested again at the cruise port, it’s stressful enough as it is coming from the U.K. thanks. 

It goes by the date not the time. So as long as the date is 2 calendar days before then you're fine.

We're doing the same this weekend 🙂 Getting tested in Liverpool on Friday AM, travel down to Heathrow for Saturday flight, cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale on Sunday.

Edited by swoopy2110
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

It goes by the date not the time. So as long as the date is 2 calendar days before then you're fine.

We're doing the same this weekend 🙂 Getting tested in Liverpool on Friday AM, travel down to Heathrow for Saturday flight, cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale on Sunday.

Thank you. That makes me feel better. It’s the time difference but that worries me as it’s just within the 2 days. Our only other option is to test again when we get there, which seems crackers! 

51 minutes ago, Garden_Girl said:

May I ask what test you did for both flight and cruise?  Does Royal request a specific test?  I have read on this forum that our American cruise friends have a telehealth test and wondered if you have had to do that?

I've got an Antigen test booked with Randox. It will cover both flight & cruise.

I am a dual USA/UK citizen. I travel back and forth frequently.  One test is all you need from the UK to the USA and it will cover the cruise and the flight unless you are coming in more than two days early.   If you are coming in more than two days early, then schedule an appointment near your hotel.  Just tell them you do not have insurance.  The test should be free.

1 hour ago, piedpiper99 said:

I am a dual USA/UK citizen. I travel back and forth frequently.  One test is all you need from the UK to the USA and it will cover the cruise and the flight unless you are coming in more than two days early.   If you are coming in more than two days early, then schedule an appointment near your hotel.  Just tell them you do not have insurance.  The test should be free.

Thanks. So they dont check the time at all at check in ?