Insurance Cover and pre existing conditions

johnnyd57uk

I understand that all Cruise lines now require you to take your travel insurance documentation and it is scrutinised at embarkation. I have a number of pre existing medical conditions which are sometimes accepted and sometimes excluded. This year 3 related conditions were excluded because of an increase in the number of medications prescribed. The conditions are stable and do not normally cause a problem .

My question is that with this more rigorous scrutiny of documentation might these excluded conditions result in a refusal to board ( I am not inclined to take out extra insurance cover as these conditions are not a problem and are unlikely to be). Anyone encountered this problem ?. I have a Cruise booked for May and am hoping not to have to cancel.

1 hour ago, johnnyd57uk said:

I understand that all Cruise lines now require you to take your travel insurance documentation and it is scrutinised at embarkation. I have a number of pre existing medical conditions which are sometimes accepted and sometimes excluded. This year 3 related conditions were excluded because of an increase in the number of medications prescribed. The conditions are stable and do not normally cause a problem .

My question is that with this more rigorous scrutiny of documentation might these excluded conditions result in a refusal to board ( I am not inclined to take out extra insurance cover as these conditions are not a problem and are unlikely to be). Anyone encountered this problem ?. I have a Cruise booked for May and am hoping not to have to cancel.

Where were you told about this requirement?  Have not heard of this before and it makes no sense.

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

Where were you told about this requirement?  Have not heard of this before and it makes no sense.

The original poster is from the UK.  I believe if you are taking a British Isles cruise, many if not all lines require you to have travel insurance that meets minimum medical/evacuation requirements. This sounds like the reason for his question.

• Thanks 1