Has anyone made it to Great Stirrup Cay lately?

Trina Moo

I am on the Getaway March 6th. I was wondering if anyone made it to Great Stirrup Cay lately? The rules for the Bahamas now say since January 7th you need a Health Visa that cost $50 and a negative covid test no more than 3 days before to go anywhere in the Bahamas. I would like to know if this has hindered anyone making it to the island.

So far Bahamas has had different rules for cruise ships. But who knows what will happen in 6 weeks. 

That being said we've had some fronts coming through down here so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stops have been abandoned because of weather so you might not get a recent answer.

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trina Moo said:

I am on the Getaway March 6th. I was wondering if anyone made it to Great Stirrup Cay lately? The rules for the Bahamas now say since January 7th you need a Health Visa that cost $50 and a negative covid test no more than 3 days before to go anywhere in the Bahamas. I would like to know if this has hindered anyone making it to the island.

I believe that Encore had to skip GSC this week, but it was because of the weather/sea conditions and not COVID.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m hoping to bump this thread…we’re going out of NYC on Getaway in a few weeks, and are scheduled to stop in Virginia Beach, Port Canaveral, GSC, and Nassau, and I’m just wondering the likelihood of a stop. We were on the Gem New Years cruise and made GSC, but it seems like many have skipped since then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, limeyalchemist said:

We made it successfully to GSC on January 14th and here’s the video of Silver Cove….beautiful, highly recommend.

Silver Cove, Great Stirrup Cay - Jan 2022
https://youtu.be/hzAG_g5X7rU

Wow thank you! I’m glad to have this video and also to know you made it to GSC.

I wasn’t sure if the new rules from the Bahamas regarding testing would impact being able to stop or not. Gem left NYC yesterday and pax were told right away that GSC would not happen, even though they weren’t supposed to be there for a few days. I appreciate the feedback!

Edited by Mlake09
  • Like 1