OH NO! Its going to rain! What do we do? 0225 Magic

goofyfan

We will be on the Magic 0225 and my dad just checked the 10 day forcast and it is reporting that the rain is going to follow us thru the whole trip!

Does anyone have experience on a cruise ship when it rains? Do they have alternate activities to do? Special rainy day schedules/events?

I would hate to be stuck in the cabin the whole time!

PLEASE share your experiences with us so we don't have to worry about it!

Ginger

Trust me, there are activities that cover about 17 waking hours every day. Read your Personal Navigator, the ships flyer of uncoming activities. There will be one in your cabin when you get on-board, and every morning,one, under your cabin door. Do breakfast in the resturaunt, full service, and made for you! If it's raining while you eat, read your Navigator. Disney will add a few things, not normally offered if it rains all the time. The Navigator, keeps you imformed! Let me know, let us all know, how it goes. Walt doesn't quite have the ability to control the Weather! You'll have a GREAT TIME! Metrowon

We're on the same trip. We're not worried about the weather....the forecasts are usually way off.

I show 72 and cloudy the day we leave, 73 (30% chance of rain) in Key West on Sunday, 79 (30% chance of rain) in Grand Cayman on Wednesday. After that, who knows?

One of our best cruises was an 11 night trip on RCI. The weather started of bad in Galveston and stayed goofy the entire trip. They even changed course a few times trying to find us better weather. But, it was a great trip and we had fun. Don't worry....we'll have fun.....

We have had showers and extreme heat. Believe me they have so many activities inside that you wont miss it if it's too nasty to go up on deck. Usually it is still very warm, even with rain. So if you want some fresh air, deck 4 has a nice jogging/walking path around the ship which has a roof over your head, so depending on the direction of th ewind you could be completely out of the rain there and shuffleboard is on that deck too. Deck 9 is partially covered if you want to take a walk too. We have done this and not got wet before, depending on the wind. Lots of people still go out and do ping pong on deck 9 under the cover. You'll have an awesome time.

mom x4,grandma x4

Don't worry! They have tons and tons of activities to do indoors. The sail away party will be indoors if it's raining when you leave (we did that once). Plus, in Florida and the Caribbean it rarely rains for a long period of time. More likely, you'll get 20 minutes worth of showers surrounded by some beautiful weather. We had a 60% chance of rain in St. Thomas once, and wound up having a HOT day with 10 minutes worth of rain. We were glad for the rain because it cooled us off a little :)

We even had a blast once when it poured down rain at Castaway Cay. We were one of the few families in the water, played water football with the other hardy folks. Took advantage of 2-for-1 drink special that I think Disney brought out due to the rain. Went in the hot tubs on the ship, which are covered from the rain.

Also, if there are patches of bad weather, sometimes the captain can steer around them so you can get better weather.

Practically all Caribbean ports forcast rain every single day. It isn't like rain here where you lose a whole day to bad weather. It's more like it gets so humid that it has to rain for a half hour or so and then the sun comes right back out.

We will be on the Magic 0225 and my dad just checked the 10 day forcast and it is reporting that the rain is going to follow us thru the whole trip!

Does anyone have experience on a cruise ship when it rains? Do they have alternate activities to do? Special rainy day schedules/events?

I would hate to be stuck in the cabin the whole time!

PLEASE share your experiences with us so we don't have to worry about it!

Ginger

Well how was your weather? Metrowon

Well this wasn't my post but I'll answer since I went on the cruise last week! We only had one afternoon of rain in Key west, and another evening of rain while sailing (which prevented us from watching the movie up on deck). For the most part the weather was just fine! But I come from the great white north - so all weather about 60 degrees wet or sunny is good by me in February!

Sunday morning on the way to Key West was sunny and beautiful until we went to get off the ship! it poured! We ventured out anyway. It held off most of the day, a little spitting, but we did the Pirate Museum and then sat our butts at Margaritaville. The worse part of the rain was when we were walking back to the ship. Shortly after we returned to the boat it stopped but remained overcast.

There was way too much to do on any given day - it could have rained every day and we wouldn't have been bored!

Archived