Waiting for hours on phone!

Cruzmomma77

Those of your who have gotten through on the phone, what number did you call? I am trying to change cabins and my travel agent is on vacation. I’ve mocked booked several times and seen rooms I would I rather be in than where we currently are. We have called for two days and always go through the messages, hold for about 5 seconds and a recorded dude comes on that says “the system is experiencing technical difficulties” and try to call later. BUT it doesn’t hang up. It starts playing “Carnival commercials”, as I like to call them - like when you are on hold and the musac comes on but with Carnival they are selling their brand. Do I keep holding and pray someone will answer or am I really supposed to call back later? 

Edited by Cruzmomma77

• Cruzmomma77 changed the title to Waiting for hours on phone!
2 minutes ago, willowvacay said:

I was on hold for 2 hours listening to the carnival stuff and someone finally answered approx 2 days ago.  I have had the best luck calling either right when they open or in the evening.  Good luck 🍀 

Did you get “the system is experiencing tech difficulties” message? I just think it is weird it says that and then the commercials start. Lol

6 minutes ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

Did you get “the system is experiencing tech difficulties” message? I just think it is weird it says that and then the commercials start. Lol

I’ve had it say “we’re hanging up on you because we’re too busy” and then go to the hold music instead of hanging up.  

Edited by willowvacay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Once booked with a TA they will be the ones to request that change.  You may be wasting your time on hold.

I was wondering that. I went through the carnival website but I did so through my travel agents linked page. It is a bit confusing if I actually booked through a TA or through Carnival. In the past I have always had her do it but didn’t want to wait this time and did it online myself. I think she returns tomorrow so I might just wait. 

Edited by Cruzmomma77

7 minutes ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

I was wondering that. I went through the carnival website but I did so through my travel agents linked page - Cruises Inc. It is a bit confusing if I actually booked through a TA or through Carnival. In the past I have always had her do it but didn’t want to wait this time and did it online myself. I think she returns tomorrow so I might just wait. 

First, you are not supposed to give the name of a travel agency. Second, your TA should have a backup to answer your calls.

I was on hold this morning for 45 min before the first agent answered.  We have to reschedule a cruise so now I'm on hold for them to transfer to a dept to waive the fees to transfer everything to a new booking.  I would estimate needing at least 2-3 hours to get anything resolved with carnival right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

First, you are not supposed to give the name of a travel agency. Second, your TA should have a backup to answer your calls.

Oops. Fixed. And, it’s just her and has been for years. I wouldn’t call wanting to switch rooms an emergency, so I’m pretty sure I can wait until she returns. 😉

4 minutes ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

Oops. Fixed. And, it’s just her and has been for years. I wouldn’t call wanting to switch rooms an emergency, so I’m pretty sure I can wait until she returns. 😉

Good, I'm glad I alerted you before the powers that be slapped you on the wrist, or made your whole post disappear into cyberspace.`

• Thanks 1

I just hung up with them, 2 hours 45 minutes later.  I called the regular number on the website.  I started my call in the car, came home...even took a shower🙃...still on hold...made lunch, did laundry, watching skiing on TV.  My rep did pick up for the first time after well over an hour, but then I was on hold for another hour at least while she was in a chat with the department doing the refunds.  At least it's all done. I hope to be back, Carnival.  

• Like 1