Booking disaster - What do I do now??

mringenoldus

A week or two ago, I asked this board about my options in changing from an agency that had done a couple of fairly shady things (changed the fare after I paid the deposit, said we would get a $100 OBC but actually put the $100 into the fare qoute, etc.)

I finally decided to try to change the booking to my reputable agent but explained to her that if it meant losing the assigned cabin, i would tough it out with the less than desirable agency.

Tonight I find that the booking has indeed been moved to another cabin and the one we wanted is showing as available. I have emailed the TA (it's too late to call) and tried Princess.(also closed). I tried to put it on hold online with Princess but the website asked for a deposit.

Can I call Princess when it opens (5AM Pacific) and ask who the current agent assigned to the booking and if they can hold my old cabin until I can get it fixed?

They moved the cabin from an AD to an AC - but we had the exact location we wanted and would very much like to stay in the same area with the other 3 cabins we have booked.

Can anyone help??

A week or two ago, I asked this board about my options in changing from an agency that had done a couple of fairly shady things (changed the fare after I paid the deposit, said we would get a $100 OBC but actually put the $100 into the fare qoute, etc.)

.......Can anyone help??

I say give it a try.... no hurt in asking....what's to loose...;)

It would seem to me the variables would make a difference here.

Where is the cruise to (popular during high season ?) How far out.... if next month the ship is probably booked,,,, if in one year + then you would have a better chance they would work with you.

Maureen - call Princess when they first open and put a complimentary hold (either 8 hours or 24 hours) on the cabin you want. Do not put any money on the cabin. Figure out who the TA is and see if they can move things around. As long as there is no money on the booking - they should be able to get access to the booking and do the magic required. I would at least hope so. Good luck.

Good morning Theresa!

Well, Kim saved the day again. She went in and grabbed the cabin and put it on hold. Her price is $178 less than the other agency....and I booked with them over six months ago!! Crooks :(

I have now notified them to cancel since they are happy to get rid of me for no fee. Kim is taking it over as a new booking and all is well.

I finally feel better AND saved them money. It's a good day!!

Good morning Theresa!

Well, Kim saved the day again. She went in and grabbed the cabin and put it on hold. Her price is $178 less than the other agency....and I booked with them over six months ago!! Crooks :(

I have now notified them to cancel since they are happy to get rid of me for no fee. Kim is taking it over as a new booking and all is well.

I finally feel better AND saved them money. It's a good day!!

If you really don't want a cabin change, be sure to have your TA put a "No Upgrades" notification on your booking.

Archived