Aqua Zone at Amber Cove

chambsti

We'll be stopping in Amber Cove on the Horizon in February and I'd like to confirm that the pool and water slide in the Aqua Zone is free.  Has anybody visited recently to confirm it is open and free?  Is it worth spending some time there during the visit?

25 minutes ago, chambsti said:

We'll be stopping in Amber Cove on the Horizon in February and I'd like to confirm that the pool and water slide in the Aqua Zone is free.  Has anybody visited recently to confirm it is open and free?  Is it worth spending some time there during the visit?

We were there on 12/29. Son swam and used slides at no charge. Zip line over the pool looked fun, believe it was $20? unlimited. Beautiful pool area, lots of chairs and shade was at a premium. I was thinking they'd make a fortune renting umbrellas. Really nice port stop, think it was our first time there.

Guest BasicSailor
17 minutes ago, mondello said:

We were there on 12/29. Son swam and used slides at no charge. Zip line over the pool looked fun, believe it was $20? unlimited. Beautiful pool area, lots of chairs and shade was at a premium. I was thinking they'd make a fortune renting umbrellas. Really nice port stop, think it was our first time there.

1 minute ago, sunshower9 said:

Was just there a few days ago.  Pool and water slides are free.  Chairs are free but you have to pay for umbrellas and I think the cost is $20 (we didn't get one).  Zipline is indeed $20 per person with unlimited rides.  It was fun. 🙂 

I didn't know you could rent an umbrella there? The palm trees were beautiful but there was little shade to be had. We moved to some shade later in the day. Think I saw a few umbrellas but didn't know they were for rent. Son enjoyed the slides and eating at the Famous Nathan's stand.

Just now, mondello said:

I didn't know you could rent an umbrella there? The palm trees were beautiful but there was little shade to be had. We moved to some shade later in the day. Think I saw a few umbrellas but didn't know they were for rent. Son enjoyed the slides and eating at the Famous Nathan's stand.

I never actually inquired about getting one but I read about it on other people's reviews.  We spent the day walking around and in the pool so we never needed an umbrella.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

I can’t be in a lot of sun so we have rented one. When it was still a new port, they only cost $10. 😎 The thing is, that unless the sun is directly overhead your Umbrella  doesn’t shade you much when placed between your chairs. 

1 hour ago, momof3cruisers said:

I can’t be in a lot of sun so we have rented one. When it was still a new port, they only cost $10. 😎 The thing is, that unless the sun is directly overhead your Umbrella  doesn’t shade you much when placed between your chairs. 

I'm too old to be dealing with sunburn anymore. I guess I could have inquired about one but I saw no sign or any indication they were available for rent. We survived and thought the whole setup was really beautiful.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, mondello said:

I liked that Famous Nathan's kiosk also.  I don't remember it from our pre-COVID visits to Amber Cove -- maybe it's relatively new? -- but it was a nice, quieter option than the bustling, loud poolside restaurant and the folks there were fun to chat with.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, momof3cruisers said:

I do not enjoy the sun or heat for too long.  We always book a poolside Cabana at Amber Cove.  We typically sail with a group of friends so the cost is spread out and it works well with us.  I really like having the option to get out of the sun with some A/C periodically.  The last time we visited and had a Cabana (Feb 2020) the zipline pass was included with the Cabana rental, it does not look like it is included now.