Self Assist Priority Disembark - is it still a thing for Plat/Diamond

jiggs

2 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Yes, but the coffee was gone and no snacks. Damn Diamonds 🤬

my kiddo will miss the sugar, but I'll be glad to be in the car and out of the port before many are out of bed.  We can get coffee down the road,

Don't plan on it being that quick. When we disembarked the Panorama in October it seemed like most of the ship walked off with their luggage. We were in an Ocean Suite so had the option of leaving early but we were in no hurry and decided to take our time. Our group was one of the first ones called after the walk offs. It was 9:30am. They only called one other group after ours. It seemed like the whole ship self disembarked.

11 hours ago, jakers said:

Don't plan on it being that quick. When we disembarked the Panorama in October it seemed like most of the ship walked off with their luggage. We were in an Ocean Suite so had the option of leaving early but we were in no hurry and decided to take our time. Our group was one of the first ones called after the walk offs. It was 9:30am. They only called one other group after ours. It seemed like the whole ship self disembarked.

Same here in December. Platinum and we waited in the restaurant as lots of passengers left before us. From arriving at the restaurant to heading off took about 20 minutes. We also had #2 tags but it took about a half hour before we got our luggage.

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

We were on the Miracle in Priority disembarkation. We stared hearing general disembarkation over the loudspeaker. Apparently someone forgot to inform us first, so we were in the (longer line by the time we realized) to get off.

That's a good point, if you don't have a letter in your room the night prior (with details on where/when to meet, etc.) go to guest services and ask for it.  We have been on several Carnival ships since cruising resumed and all of them offered this (at least I know for sure for Platinum/Diamond, but I'm assuming suites too).

3 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

That's a good point, if you don't have a letter in your room the night prior (with details on where/when to meet, etc.) go to guest services and ask for it.  We have been on several Carnival ships since cruising resumed and all of them offered this (at least I know for sure for Platinum/Diamond, but I'm assuming suites too).

We got the letter & were in the correct area! They just forgot about us.

2 hours ago, travelguy2009 said:

We just got off the Glory in New Orleans yesterday. We were to meet at 7:15. Got there at 7:05, walking off ship at 7:10. Was in my car headed home by 7:30. It worked great for us

I think Muster Stations A and B were called by then.  I ate breakfast in the dining room then went down once A and B were called and walked straight off the ship just a few minutes after 7.  There were very few people getting off and no backups on the way out.

It is hard to figure how things will go when there are more passengers onboard but this was very quick and easy.  I took the same cruise in October and there were very few passengers onboard then but I think there were even less on this January 16 cruise.

15 hours ago, jakers said:

Depends on the ship. I just got off Pride yesterday and final call for getting off was at 9am. People started getting off around 7:15. 

9 hours ago, travelguy2009 said:

We just got off the Glory in New Orleans yesterday. We were to meet at 7:15. Got there at 7:05, walking off ship at 7:10. Was in my car headed home by 7:30. It worked great for us

How was Glory capacity wise? Going Feb. 20th.  I'm more interested in boarding times than disembarking.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm glad to hear their at least still arranging groups for early self disembark.  We are usually off without an announcement, just a call on the radio to a staff member that says we can go.  7:30 would get us a great jump on the day, so I guess we will see how it works out.