Low deposit

guest26

I consider to go on summer 2023 2 adults and 2 small children. I do not want to pay high deposit in advance.

- are there any sales or how to find when there is low deposits (in NCL for example I saw 500$ for all of us)?
- would it better wait 3 month before the voyage starts?

I am relating to a classic architecture ship (like queen marry etc) and voyage to north europe (around Britain, Norway and/or Iceland)

The first thing we will need to know to assist you is your country. That is, will you be booking from the US, the UK, Australia/New Zealand, Germany, etc.? Each region has its own terms and conditions.

In the US, the standard deposit amount is 25%, but there is currently a promotion going on which reduces the deposit to 12.5%.

For the rock-bottom lowest deposits in the US, there are often short-term promotions on select voyages where the deposit is reduced to $100 with the catch that it is fully non-refundable.

3 hours ago, guest26 said:

Thanks.

I am from Israel

I'm not sure I can help much more at this point. I don't know what booking conditions and offers would apply to a Cunard booking from Israel. When I pretend I'm in Israel using a VPN, I am directed to the Cunard website for the UK (no surprise there), but it won't allow me to get very far into the booking process (no real surprise there either).

20 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

I believe there are 5% deposits payable in th UK at the moment. At least, that is what we paid last saturday when we made a new booking. It might not apply to all bookings, or all booking types though.

Yes, indeed. The UK has offered that "Experience even more" promotion for a while now, with a reduced 5% deposit plus some additional on board spending money when booking the Cunard Fare on selected voyages of at least seven nights.

The "View all voyages" function for that promotion retrieves 157 voyages out of the 297 voyages that I figure can actually be booked today on the UK site. So, a bit more than half of the voyages are included in that promotion as I see it.

For those who may not know, that reduced 5% deposit compares to the usual 15% deposit in the UK.

Assuming their spoken English is good, residents of Israel could book through a decent British agent, although I've no idea how that would affect legal rights etc. That might permit them to access special offers available in the UK.

As a French resident I'm very happy to have gone to a British agent to book pre Covid. I dread to think what problems I would have had in repeated re-bookings if I had used a French one. It's one thing speaking, reading and writing in a language, but dealing with telephone call options in a foreign language and then understanding complex booking details would be a nightmare.

As it happens I couldn't have found a better one. She calls me, with options, to find out what I'm thinking of doing before I've fully researched possibilities on the days that I've received cancellation emails.