Question about Bella "guarantee" cabins...

Stockjock

So previously, you could choose a specific Bella cabin or a Fantastic cabin.  But sometimes, some of those cabins were GUAR and in my experience, with MSC, you actually had a pretty decent chance at some form of an upgrade with a GUAR selection.  Might not be the best cabin on the ship, but it was quite possible to book Bella GUAR ocean view and get a partially obstructed balcony, as an example.

Now, you can usually chose your specific cabin if Fantastica, but all Bella cabins are now initially unassigned.  The question is, does a good chance remain for an upgrade with a non-assigned Bella cabin?  Or are things now different, so if you book Bella it's now more likely you'll get exactly what you booked?

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Now, you can usually chose your specific cabin if Fantastica, but all Bella cabins are now initially unassigned.  The question is, does a good chance remain for an upgrade with a non-assigned Bella cabin?  Or are things now different, so if you book Bella it's now more likely you'll get exactly what you booked?

Two out of three clients were upgraded to balconies this week from non-balcony guarantees. The other poor person was assigned an interior that they paid for.

Bret

1 hour ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Two out of three clients were upgraded to balconies this week from non-balcony guarantees. The other poor person was assigned an interior that they paid for.

Bret

Are you a TA Bret?  Do you have a website? I always wondered how folks find independent travel agents these days. Thanks 

I'm not a fan of the Bella class always being guarantee. My fav. cabin position is forward on a high deck, and these are always Bella. There is no possibility for me to choose one of these cabins now. I might get assigned a mid ship low deck cabin instead.

16 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

How far from the sail date were they assigned?  Far enough out to possibly cancel and rebook if they didn't like the assignment?

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

How far from the sail date were they assigned?  Far enough out to possibly cancel and rebook if they didn't like the assignment?

Occasionally I'll see some sooner but most are no more than 30 days out and a majority about two weeks prior to sailing.

Bret