Adding additional coverage to an annual plan

We have an annual travel plan that covers all the necessary medical coverage and limited trip cancellation coverage.   How do we add supplemental trip cancellation coverage for a cruise which exceeds our annual travel plan without paying for duplicate medical coverage?   Why pay twice?

3 hours ago, prunderw said:

We have an annual travel plan that covers all the necessary medical coverage and limited trip cancellation coverage.   How do we add supplemental trip cancellation coverage for a cruise which exceeds our annual travel plan without paying for duplicate medical coverage?   Why pay twice?

Hi prunderw,

Which plan do you have? Or, are you asking if you may buy another trip cancellation plan to supplement your annual plan?

Steve Dasseos

9 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi prunderw,

Which plan do you have? Or, are you asking if you may buy another trip cancellation plan to supplement your annual plan?

Steve Dasseos

We have an annual travel insurance, but possibly need additional trip cancellation coverage.  Why pay for what we already have covered under annual travel insurance (duplicate coverage)?  Where can we add just additional trip cancellation coverage?

1 hour ago, prunderw said:

We have an annual travel insurance, but possibly need additional trip cancellation coverage.  Why pay for what we already have covered under annual travel insurance (duplicate coverage)?  Where can we add just additional trip cancellation coverage?

Hi prunderw,

You can't get trip cancellation coverage without the other coverages.

I have a few more questions. Some ask for private information, so if you want to email the answers to me, you may send them to steve@tripinsurancestore.com . Neither CruiseCritic nor myself want you to share this info in a public forum.

- What are your current ages?

- Do either of you, any traveling companions or your non-traveling family members, have or recently had any medical conditions, or had any medication changes for a medical condition, that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?

- If you have any medical conditions, what date did you pay the deposit on the trip you are wanting more coverage on? Or, when is your Final Payment due?

- What are your travel dates?

Steve Dasseos

Thanks for your answer. 

I've never understood why you can't purchase additional trip cancellation coverage (like for a world cruise) if needed when you already have the other coverages in an annual travel insurance plan.  That's a gap.

Can you explain why additional coverage isn't available, especially for those of us with annual travel insurance.

1 hour ago, prunderw said:

Thanks for your answer. 

I've never understood why you can't purchase additional trip cancellation coverage (like for a world cruise) if needed when you already have the other coverages in an annual travel insurance plan.  That's a gap.

Can you explain why additional coverage isn't available, especially for those of us with annual travel insurance.

Although no company has ever told me this, I'm sure it's because it wouldn't be a profitable product.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just read where Traveler's offers annual travel insurance with ability to add optional coverage for trips.  Any experience with these Traveler's annual plans.  Appears that basic annual plan is only medical and each trip must be added individually for trip cancellation/etc.

2 hours ago, prunderw said:

Just read where Traveler's offers annual travel insurance with ability to add optional coverage for trips.  Any experience with these Traveler's annual plans.  Appears that basic annual plan is only medical and each trip must be added individually for trip cancellation/etc.

Hi prunderw,

This is news to me that the Traveler's Insurance company is back in the travel insurance business. I don't see it on their website. Where did you find it?

Steve Dasseos

4 hours ago, Gilford57 said:

Any opinions on this plan.  The link takes you to the Travel Insured plan mentioned in other threads.

Hi Gilford,

I am licensed to sell their annual plan, but I haven't yet found a situation where it's beneficial to offer it to someone.

Steve Dasseos