Jacques Pepin on Jimmy Fallon last night

ORV

While I'm not a Jimmy Fallon fan a friend told me Jacques was going to be on it last night. We recorded it to check it out. He was on at the end. He was pushing his book of chicken drawings. Anyone else check this out? He made omelettes with Jimmy & Questlove. 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

While I'm not a Jimmy Fallon fan a friend told me Jacques was going to be on it last night. We recorded it to check it out. He was on at the end. He was pushing his book of chicken drawings. Anyone else check this out? He made omelettes with Jimmy & Questlove. 

No.....Not   enough  to get me to watch Fallon. fawn over  himself.

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

No.....Not   enough  to get me to watch Fallon. fawn over  himself.

Yeah, he's way too self absorbed for me to watch. He's always got to make everything about him.  That's why we recorded and fast forwarded to the Pepin part. 

• Like 2

Fallon was either incredibly inept or trying deliberately to screw up the eggs for comedy's sake.  If the latter, he succeeded admirably with the screw-up (though not the comedy).  Either way, Jacques was run over like an armadillo on a Texas highway -- but his omelet was perfect!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

Fallon was either incredibly inept or trying deliberately to screw up the eggs for comedy's sake.  If the latter, he succeeded admirably with the screw-up (though not the comedy).  Either way, Jacques was run over like an armadillo on a Texas highway -- but his omelet was perfect!

I learned when I attended CIA in Napa, the french technique for omlets....rolled not folded, with the center underdone  like a custard.......  Pretty simple..... I mean I can  do it !....    The French have it all down....  all the rest is just cooking

france maine, ak 2017 495.JPG

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I learned when I attended CIA in Napa, the french technique for omlets....rolled not folded, with the center underdone  like a custard.......  Pretty simple..... I mean I can  do it !....    The French have it all down....  all the rest is just cooking

france maine, ak 2017 495.JPG

CIA in Napa is very impressive.  How long did you attend?

1 hour ago, marieps said:

CIA in Napa is very impressive.  How long did you attend?

3 weeks  IN FRENCH Classic and Bisrot  Cuisine.. 5 am-3pm daily....  Thomas Keller was one of my teachers!!!!....  Great guy... 

Super guy who after  my classes sent me a reservation at the French Laundry and gave me the French laundry Cook book. for Christmas.. with a personal note to me from him............    I am still impressed with that...     

CIA pushes you  to the limit and demands  perfection +  ( Your poached eggs are have  to messy a  skirt.... do another 36")

If you love food and  cuisine  ,  you would be amazed at  what you thought you knew but did not.........   Not cheap but valuable skills and knowledge  .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

Say what?

According to CIA standards  for poached eggs, the egg needs to be symmetrical  without ragged edges.    A gentle turning of the egg while poaching and adjusting the acid/salt in the water will give  the egg  a perfect  shape.      That brings  me to toast...    Must be even color..both sides using a french proff oven  One temp you guage the  time.    If not.?....you guessed it....".do another 36"       A common refrain was Would Thomas Keller accept that............ YOU LEARH   to demand more from yourself.

france maine, ak 2017 468.JPG