Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun...please explain the purpose of the duckies.

I have no clue the purpose of the reason of the duckies.  People leave them behind you can keep it or hide it for the next person.  According to the tag you are supposed to take a picture with it and use the QR code.  I guess it’s the new version of writing your name on the dollar bill.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I have no clue the purpose of the reason of the duckies.  People leave them behind you can keep it or hide it for the next person.  According to the tag you are supposed to take a picture with it and use the QR code.  I guess it’s the new version of writing your name on the dollar bill.

OK thanks....I'm figuring that those who bring them on board have to purchase them, tag them, hide them..,...I guess for fun?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ATG said:

@BennyBrun Thanks for all the pictures!  We passed our Covid tests today and will be joining you next week!  We are excited to get away!

Wooohoo!!!  I have to take mine again tomorrow morning at the main dinning room what an interesting place to have Covid testing.  Being swabbed while eggs are being served above you!   Fingers crossed!

Just now, Hogladyrider said:

OK thanks....I'm figuring that those who bring them on board have to purchase them, tag them, hide them..,...I guess for fun?

I guess lol… with all the thing you have to worry about to prepare for a cruise you really have to want to do it to do this!  Good for them!!!

22 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yep just for fun. And theres an entire FB page just for these cruising ducks, thats where people that find them post their pics of them and the duck they found.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I think the ducks evolved from the painted rocks that were so popular a few years ago.

Scanning a QR code?   No thanks.  Someone is making money off of this I’m assuming and who knows who/what is on the back end of these things.  I know someone who tried do something like this a while back, they were just trying to make money.  I told them I didn’t get the appeal and recommended against.  They still did it, but it never gained traction.  

I have no idea what is behind the ducks and don’t care.  But I would never assume this is just an honest

little game.  Maybe it is.  But I’ll pass because I have way more to do on a cruise besides this.  

Edited by topnole
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 Izumi Snack

We did not want to miss lobster tail night so our server brought it over.  Don’t have to worry about FOMO!  BTW it was delicious!

55B8F646-A969-46F3-ADBB-1E048D7E7AB8.jpeg

Maybe you have posted this already and if so sorry for the repeat.  However, is Chef table included in the UDP?   Also, could you provide a ballpark idea of what a good deal for UDP would be for the 6 night cruise?  Thanks.  Really enjoyed the review.  We are on in a couple months.  

41 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun...that has got to be tough for the performers playing to an empty auditorium and no audience!

No kidding.  If this is cats, they are all so talented too.  Regardless of what folks think about the show, I hope we all agree these are very talented performers.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Maybe you have posted this already and if so sorry for the repeat.  However, is Chef table included in the UDP?   Also, could you provide a ballpark idea of what a good deal for UDP would be for the 6 night cruise?  Thanks.  Really enjoyed the review.  We are on in a couple months.  

Thank you so much.  Chefs table is not include with UDP.  UDP price varies between the class of ships Oasis class being the most expensive.  If you are on an Oasis Class for a 7 night, anywhere in the $166-$179 range is consider a good deal.  Not sure about a 6 night because never done a 6 nighter but if the average is below $29.00 per night then it’s a good deal.  They do not sell the UDP onboard.  A good deal is about $24-$20 per night that’s not Oasis class.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

No kidding.  If this is cats, they are all so talented too.  Regardless of what folks think about the show, I hope we all agree these are very talented performers.  

Tonight is not cats but it was still tough.

Day 6

A few words on our cruise director Mike.  He is efficient, practical and providers a lot of information via pre recorded videos.  I never saw him around the ship but that could just be me.  He reminds me of my high school principal, he means well but his delivery needs a little work as it comes across as scolding at times but he means well.  Interesting fact, he started on the Horizon with Celebrity 20 some years ago!

02BA23F5-A397-4E0B-9E15-F46B7CD2A72D.jpeg

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Wooohoo!!!  I have to take mine again tomorrow morning at the main dinning room what an interesting place to have Covid testing.  Being swabbed while eggs are being served above you!   Fingers crossed!

On the Apex B2B our swabbing was done at Tuscan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much.  Chefs table is not include with UDP.  UDP price varies between the class of ships Oasis class being the most expensive.  If you are on an Oasis Class for a 7 night, anywhere in the $166-$179 range is consider a good deal.  Not sure about a 6 night because never done a 6 nighter but if the average is below $29.00 per night then it’s a good deal.  They do not sell the UDP onboard.  A good deal is about $24-$20 per night that’s not Oasis class.

Tnx.  I forgot.  This is oasis.  We

Will be on Allure.