Symphony returns!! Live 1/29/22

jcandjf

Hi! I just shared my trip report and photos on my blog from this sailing:

https://nickgray.net/symphony/

We LOVED Roatan, Honduras and really enjoyed the ship overall.

Central Park was amazing!

img_0487-1409x1536.jpg

We just figured out that the desks in the room can move, so my girlfriend moved them around for easier working / sofa access:

img_0859-1345x1536.jpg

We really enjoyed our time at CocoCay, too!

img_0914-1536x2048.jpg

I posted more of my notes and photos on my personal blog here https://nickgray.net/symphony/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nickgraynews said:

We LOVED Roatan, Honduras and really enjoyed the ship overall.

Central Park was amazing!

img_0487-1409x1536.jpg

We just figured out that the desks in the room can move, so my girlfriend moved them around for easier working / sofa access:

img_0859-1345x1536.jpg

We really enjoyed our time at CocoCay, too!

img_0914-1536x2048.jpg

I posted more of my notes and photos on my personal blog here https://nickgray.net/symphony/ 

thx for gym tip!

19 hours ago, nickgraynews said:

From your blog:

"Pro tip: We got a handicapped-accessible room (aka the poor man’s suite upgrade). Able-bodied people can reserve this room type, and if it is available, you are eligible for the extra space at no additional cost."

That's not a Pro tip. That is a low life human being tip.

DO NOT RESERVE ACCESSIBLE CABINS BECAUSE YOU WANT MORE ROOM AND DO NOT NEED AN ACCESSIBLE CABIN.

• Like 7

On 1/31/2022 at 9:05 PM, jcandjf said:

Ok I’m back to answer questions- was in the MDR on first night- not as much social distancing there. First and second seating are on 3rd floor and MTD is on the fourth which was pretty packed.  

Meal service seems faster than I remember it. We use to have long dinners in MDR was out in under an hour the first night. Also service at 150 Park Cafe tonight was fast.

Definitely make CK reservations before getting on the ship. Have been on the waitlist past two nights with no luck.

Weather was 77 and windy today. We are in the CLS and the wind is really blowing us around. Seas were as high as 15 feet our first night out of Miami and mid 50s when leaving. 60s the first full day.  Weather looks much better from here on out. I was in my sweatshirt the first 2 days but I tend to be cold.

This is my 8th cruise on RCCL 4th on an Oasis class ship and it really feels pretty normal (minus the masking) outside of some social distancing efforts, buffet food served by staff and the pool not jammed with lounge chairs. Very easy to get a seat by the pool even with reduced lounge chairs.

Attended 1977 where there was a section for vaccinated pax and unvax pax(children).  Vax pax no social distancing but unvax lots of room between seats.

Lots of crew on board so service is excellent. And crew is so happy to have us back😃😃

So you are in a CLS and you cannot eat in the Costal Kitchen???  I thought that was one of the perks for booking a Suite. I would be pi$$ed!!!

On 1/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, P_and_L said:

Thanks so much for the post! Is Flight also cancelled for the week? And any word on when they'll be back?

We board at 3pm next Saturday.. Hopefully we can snag a few specialty reservations by then!

We were on the same cruise and we saw Flight, the ice show and Hiro.  Best shows we've ever seen on a cruise ship.  No problem reserving our space, we just called 9600 as listed on the show sheet.  

On 1/31/2022 at 2:23 PM, NightOne said:

I am on the ship as well and 3436 is the passenger count according to Dennis the CD. (so 66% of double occupancy) After reading about recent Oasis class sailings being closer to 2500 I was a little surprised. It doesn’t feel super crowded but it doesn’t feel low capavity either. If there was 2000 to 3200 more passengers on here this ship would feel crowded I think.

This my first time on an Oasis class ship and I really like it. I thought I would hate Central Park but I like it it. I love the boardwalk area. 

Our 1st day lunch was at Sorrentos and we sat there and made reservations for shows using the app and didn’t have any issues.

We’ve now seen 1977 ice show, Mark Preston, and both the comedians. We have Hiro tonight and flight later this week.

I was surprised by the number of kids on this sailing and there also appears to be a lot larger than normal LGB population. (specifically G) Not sure if there is a group cruise or something.

Overall I sm very satisfied thus far and not sure how often I will check in during the cruise.

We were on the same cruise and I have to say I never felt crowded.  Even the football play-off games at the Aqua Theater were spaced seating.  DH really liked that.  He said it was almost as good as being there in person.  Yes, there were children but they were never a problem.  I noticed that some of the teenagers were "hanging out" in the elevator lobbies but no problems occurred.  Very, very pleased with the ship, but don't know if I would like it at capacity.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, mattpan said:

Anyone on this sailing able to ask CS or the Diamond Lounge Concierge how many they expect on board next week (Feb 5 sailing)? Only 4 days until we fly to warmer weather! Thanks!

this was the first time we have sailed as Diamond and I have to say I was quite impressed with the Lounge.  Also had spaced seating.  Took us 5 days to find it!  We kept walking right past it.  Liked the idea of scanning your card for entrance.  Carl was the Diamond Host and was most pleasant.  He offered to help me with some free computer time so I could sign into our home flights.  Tried the hors d'oerves once and they were excellent.  No issues with drink vouchers.  We never used up all of them and never had to pay a premium.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, aggiemom11 said:

What’s the weather like so far ?    Was thinking it might be a little chilly in the evening.  

It was chilly Saturday and Sunday but warmed up nicely as we went South.  I did wear a light sweater in the evening.  Wish I had one for 1977.  It was quite chilly in there.

12 hours ago, shofer said:

We were on the same cruise and I have to say I never felt crowded.  Even the football play-off games at the Aqua Theater were spaced seating.  DH really liked that.  He said it was almost as good as being there in person.  Yes, there were children but they were never a problem.  I noticed that some of the teenagers were "hanging out" in the elevator lobbies but no problems occurred.  Very, very pleased with the ship, but don't know if I would like it at capacity.

Understood. Everyone's opinion of what is crowded is different. It also depends on where you are at and at what time.

For example, I saw packed hot tubs but I also seen them with only a couple of people in them during a port day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Does anyone know if there's a designated Uber pick up spot after disembarking the Symphony?

Thank you.

There is a ride share zones 1-5 pickup area. It's a bit chaotic, like outside of baggage claim at an airport, but easily manageable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

There is a ride share zones 1-5 pickup area. It's a bit chaotic, like outside of baggage claim at an airport, but easily manageable.

There were also coach busses offering shuttle service to MIA for $10/person in the loading area. If our Lyft hadn't been on the way already, we would have gone that route once we found out about it.