New Pier at Half Moon Cay

coffee59

Does anyone know when construction will begin on the new pier at HMC?  Construction has been delayed due to Covid restrictions.  I read that it will be installed at the north end of the island and that Carnival Corp has to keep 90% of the island as an untouched nature preserve.  Glad to hear that.  My first thought was of a Tourist Centre with a Diamonds International!!  

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that Carnival is able to resist the urge to build a Diamonds International or duty free liquor shop on Half Moon Cay.

I likewise haven't heard any news of the new Amber Cove-like Freeport resort.

I am sure COVID has put these plans on indefinite hold. CCL (and all the other cruise lines) need to get back to "normal" before they can talk about expanding again.

• 11 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 8:11 PM, mz-s said:

I hope that Carnival is able to resist the urge to build a Diamonds International or duty free liquor shop on Half Moon Cay.

I likewise haven't heard any news of the new Amber Cove-like Freeport resort.

I am sure COVID has put these plans on indefinite hold. CCL (and all the other cruise lines) need to get back to "normal" before they can talk about expanding again.

I agree. Although, I assume the pier will come with a retail, (duty free), gauntlet.  However, they will need to figure how to serve this remote location with goods and personnel.  Keep an eye on Carnival's stock price, it is the best indicator of when they will continue this $180 million, (inflation), project.