Europe cruise

Cruisingrampy

Yes we did a MSC Grandiosa cruise Jan 1-8 from Barcelona. We had a great time on the ship but the ports were a big let down as we didn't want to be crowded on to a bus with lots of people. We did one tour and it was a walking tour. We will not cruise Europe again until we can do excursions on our own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DH and I did a river cruise with Ama in France this past fall. Had an amazing time - boat was only half full, tours limited to 10 people per guide, and easy to spend time on our own too if the tour didn't appeal to our tastes. We really liked the fact that the whole cruise was within one country, so no issues with different COVID restrictions between stops. We were so impressed we're actually looking at another river cruise this spring in Portugal.

• Thanks 1

We are in a similar boat for May with HAL.   The cruise immediately preceding ours has been cancelled by HAL,  and as Israel is the destination we are reluctant to make final payment which is due soon, and incur more credits.  I wish the crystal ball wasn’t so cloudy.  
We would like to wait and see if omicrom has receded, currently several close members of our family who are triple vaxed have Covid. 

Planning to spend six or seven weeks in the Greek Islands this spring.

Normally we would be shopping cruises in order to be ready to include a last minute cruise in our unstructured travel plans.

Not this time.  Not even looking.  For all the reasons mentioned.

DW is very anxious to cruise again as am I  but this desire will not be her deciding factor...or mine.

If and when we do go it will be last minute.  Probably book air  a week prior to departure.